Summer 2017 I Spy Swap

Old 08-27-2017, 07:14 PM

I got my package yesterday which was a great pick me up since I had a hospice client pass away. I can't wait to start another I spy. I myself like the small prints for the edges. Thanks all for the great fabrics.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
Got my package today-lots of fun fabrics! By no florals do you mean there should be no flowers at all on the print? Sometimes I will send some with like animals on them but they will have a few flowers on them.This was one was the best in a long time for not getting a lot of really thin fabrics. I think I only received a couple this time that were so thin they were not usuable. This is also the first time that I didn't receive any just florals. I thought it was a great swap- thanks so much! Thanks for doing such a great job Rena!
I think that I will say that if there is an easily recognizable object in the square - it is ok.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by mmonohon View Post
I got my package yesterday which was a great pick me up since I had a hospice client pass away. I can't wait to start another I spy. I myself like the small prints for the edges. Thanks all for the great fabrics.
I was so thankful for the great hospice staff we had when my mom was terminal. Treated mom with the dignity she deserved while being so supportive for our family. I know it has to be really hard for you though, but thank you for the work you do.

Hope going through the new squares gave you a bit of an escape!

Rena
Old 08-29-2017, 09:14 AM

Has anyone not received their package yet? I can check the tracking info for you.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:30 PM

Here are some pouches I made from the squares received in the I Spy swap (may be a few from previous swaps, too). The larger ones are sized to be pencil cases, and the smaller ones fit most cell phones. They're good for any small items, though, such as medicine/vitamins, makeup, small toys, sewing supplies, etc. The larger ones take 4 charm squares (plus liner fabric) to make, and the smaller ones take 3 charm squares (plus liner fabric). They all have padding inside. Wish I could post a tutorial, but the assembly technique came from a Craftsy class, and is probably copyrighted. Here's a link: https://www.craftsy.com/sewing/class...-zip-way/58909

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579773[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pouches.jpg  
Old 08-30-2017, 07:18 AM

How cute - you have been busy. Getting ready for your holiday fairs!
Old 08-30-2017, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Here are some pouches I made from the squares received in the I Spy swap (may be a few from previous swaps, too). The larger ones are sized to be pencil cases, and the smaller ones fit most cell phones. They're good for any small items, though, such as medicine/vitamins, makeup, small toys, sewing supplies, etc. The larger ones take 4 charm squares (plus liner fabric) to make, and the smaller ones take 3 charm squares (plus liner fabric). They all have padding inside. Wish I could post a tutorial, but the assembly technique came from a Craftsy class, and is probably copyrighted. Here's a link: https://www.craftsy.com/sewing/class...-zip-way/58909

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579773[/ATTACH]
Moonrise - that is a fantastic idea. Thank you

I received mine in the mail on the way out of town. I can receive emails, but cannot send them where I was. I am tickled pink with the blocks I received.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:59 AM

moonrise, you constantly amaze me with your talent!!!
Old 08-30-2017, 04:31 PM

Aw, thanks, y'all! My fingers are sore now, from turning them all right-side-out! LOL! I've got another batch ready to go, but had to order some zippers, so I'm waiting on them to arrive.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:27 PM

Those pounces are wonderful. I need to find the craftsy tutorial and make a few of those for my nieces and nephews!