Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 10-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

That's exciting, LeeAnn. Can't wait to see it in person!
Old 10-02-2020, 01:55 PM

Working on Jaba's quilt. Went to 2 different quilt shops today to find the right blue. Settled on a purple/blue/silver and dug through my stash at home... again! I found the blueberries that I had gotten 2 months ago thinking it would go with Jaba's center. The blueberries are a perfect color match..... So, Blueberries it is. These are the colors. Some are used in very small amounts and the light blue back ground is not in this picture.
Attached Thumbnails colors-jaba.jpg  

Last edited by Bugaroo; 10-02-2020 at 01:56 PM. Reason: forgot picture
Old 10-02-2020, 09:40 PM
Power Poster

Bug, that blueberry fabric is gorgeous!
Old 10-03-2020, 03:59 AM

Wow guys, isn't it amazing what you all can do? Just love my top, thank you Sewbiz and everyone for the rounds.

I am checking in today because I haven't been checking in. Am a little behind on where I want to be but not bad, my parts are cut and subunits made, need to do the layout and putting together and should make mail out this week. I like it and the progress passed the Tuesday Group comments.

Once again I find myself having to tell myself that things are really not all that bad in the world around me, but the reality is the smoke is back and it is so thick and while I wish I could get a picture to show what it looks like at night to show how the street lights put a shine on the smoke -- it's really not the pictures I want to take. I have to remind myself that we are safe and this is just temporary but it's been weeks now.

If I had somewhere else to go, i would at this point. I wouldn't say that every breath hurts, but I can sure feel every breath I take and when it hits full. I wake up because I can't breathe and then cough for two hours. My sinuses feel like there is a dry burning hole in my head. But it will go away when the smoke goes away and I know this, and I know other people live like this all the time. There is nothing I can do but endure this and it will go away and I will get better.

My knee xray does show a bit that shouldn't be there. When I said it felt like it tore and now there is something moving around in there it appears I know what happened, so yes, need to be referred for surgery.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:43 AM

SBG - simply wow - the whole quilt is amazing. IB's center has changed and changed and turned and twisted into something so completely different and beautiful. Totally worth all the effort you all put into it. But 12 Y seams - ouch!

Iceblossom - My heart goes out to you. We are 300 miles away in AZ and have a small amount of smoke in the air - just that you can't see mountain ridges clearly - nothing like you have. People here are having a difficult time - and I can not imagine what you are going through. And the long term affects from the smoke is scary. But take pictures. Let us all see what others have to live through. Let the world see the fires and smoke. Because the news is not telling us anything.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:50 AM

Round four completed for carriem- Since I had done so much earlier until the fatal corner I let it sit. The little elves did not come and fix it so I stewed and ripped and stewed some more. I did get the corner to work - but "one of these corners is not like the other!" So now it is a true quilt! I do love all the colors and how it flows.
Attached Thumbnails carriem4bytg.jpeg   carriem4corners.jpeg  
Old 10-03-2020, 07:05 AM

TG---I love it!! That is going to be a really big quilt when all finished.

Here are the fabrics I am using on Macybaby's quilt. I have 2 sides and 1 corner done.
Attached Thumbnails img_2436.jpeg  
Old 10-03-2020, 07:13 AM

Carrie - love those colors and that swirly fabric is to die for!

Speaking of fabric, got a wonderful thrift store find the other day!

All this in a box for under $20!

Attached Thumbnails imgp5077.jpg  
Old 10-03-2020, 07:31 AM

macybaby! Great find! I would have bought them too.

iceblossom...sorry to hear the smoke is so bad. Here in Iowa, we see a hazy sky and have had some beautiful sunsets and sunrises. News says it is due to the smoke in the atmosphere. I stay indoors because this is allergy season. I am one who loves warms weather but appreciates the first hard freeze to get rid of the pollen.

Travelinggrandma...Love the latest round.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:55 AM

travelinggramma, Your round looks great! The olive background makes it overall cohesive, good choice!