Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 07-25-2020, 01:36 PM

Just checking in, I'm finishing up a few more hearts before I go into trimming and final layout. I'm feeling much happier and less stressed now that I'm committed. I was counting and going through what I've done so far and noticed that I had a lot of blue and very few red hearts so made a few more reds. Think I only have 3 total left for the buttonhole stitch and maybe 7 hearts that just didn't make it to being put on background.

Tell you what, my hands are feeling the handwork. I'd swear my thumb has a groove in it by now, but it doesn't show any visible distress.

Having the round on by the end of the weekend/by my Tuesday group is probably not going to happen but still within the realm of possibility. Hubby off tomorrow and we are going to take the dogs and ourselves on a car day trip on Monday. But the week after that is my current goal, let the Tuesday group see and be ready to mail what looks like Wednesday, Aug 5 if I read the calendar correctly.

I'll check in with Mary (or maybe she will post) to see when she will be ready to receive this round. I know she has already finished her round 2. I'd have to check my notebook but I do know the finished dimension for my round and can provide that if it helps the figuring in advance.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

I made the changes to LeeAnn's round and got it finished. LA, sorry I didn't wait for your response. I had time to sew today and wanted to get it all done. So I made the choice that I thought was best. Hope it's alright for you.

Here it is:

Attached Thumbnails img_0439.jpg  
Old 07-25-2020, 04:31 PM

Wow! Sewbizgirl, it looks great!

Iceblossom, mail anytime you want.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:07 PM

Oh my goodness! Sewbizgirl I love the ones you have in the picture....the blue ones! Beautiful! Thanks so much.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

Oh, I'm glad you like it, LeeAnn. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:54 PM

SBG, It looks like the bird is singing a song that is making the tulips dance! It turned out cute! :-)
Old 07-25-2020, 07:20 PM
Power Poster

Thanks, Giv. Your blocks are totally dancing on that quilt too. I love how the dark color makes a ring around the center.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:27 AM

Sewbizgirl, I like how the tulips don't go all the way around. The line break gives so much more interest!
Old 07-26-2020, 08:37 AM

It's really neat seeing the different ideas, and also very interesting to read the comment about different interpretations. I find I keep gravitating to the similar "looks" so it very nice to hear other views on how things look.

I finished up another 50 masks today, and that brings my total to just over 500. These will go in my office. I noticed there were only two masks left, so it will be good to replenish the supply.

So that means I can spend time this afternoon working on the next round!

Old 07-27-2020, 03:14 AM

here is a peak at Carrie's quilt. I think I'm going to make a few minor changes though.

Attached Thumbnails imgp5027.jpg   imgp5028.jpg