Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2020 June through November Round Robin >

2020 June through November Round Robin

2020 June through November Round Robin

Old 10-03-2020, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

That's a lovely round, TG... Soon these pretty quilts will all be done and back to their owners. I am ready to send Ice's quilt on to Reba. Will be mailing today, if I can catch the mailman.

Haven't seen my quilt in a long time. I would love to see a picture!

We have no smoke in the air. It's gorgeous outside with Fall weather. IceB, come South!
Old 10-03-2020, 10:36 AM

darn! Timed out, anyway -- I'm having fun sewing. Air quality is better than it was and we are fortunate the fires are not closer. I just hate this feeling like my nose is going to start bleeding any minute...

This is the live traffic cam closest to my house, maybe 3/4 mile in a straight line, longer by road. Halfway between me and the Seahawks facility. Go hawks -- even though I'm wearing a Kraken shirt today (our new hockey franchise).
https://www.wsdot.com/traffic/seattl...x?cam=1065#cam
Old 10-03-2020, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

Looks pretty hazy, IB. Be careful if you go outside. All these fires are terrible.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:30 AM

Macybaby, WOW! that is a wonderful find.

Carriem - love your sneak preview of colors. That's another one I have no idea about. Will have to wait until I see it in person.

Travelinggramma - what a wonderful tie in. Looks great

Ice - Sorry about the air. Hopefully your area will have rain to help with fires and air.

Jaba, this is one side of your quilt. I went with a light color to give a the eye a break. I repeated the double star from the first round and added hummingbirds! All the blues and purples remind me of a multitude of skies.... Thus the addition of birds! Hope you like it. The hummingbirds took forever but they are pretty.
Attached Thumbnails made-jaba.jpg   made-jaba2.jpg  
Old 10-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

Wow, that paper pieced humingbird is amazing! Tons of work. I bet he's after some blueberries.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:58 PM

Bugaroo, I like the repeat of the star set in the middle by the diamond of the previous round. It looks good there! Thanks for that close up of the hummingbird for us. That is fun to see. :-) Those feathers! Great fabric choices!
Old 10-04-2020, 07:20 AM

Sewbizgirl, I have your top and don't want you to know what I have done until I'm finished. When I saw it in person there was no doubt what it needed. I think it will be an incredible quilt when it's completed. I am appliqueing and doing some handwork. I actually didn't get to start on it until yesterday but it is going rather quickly. I have a great idea for the corners that will pull everything together. I'll try again to post a picture before I ship it out. So far that has not gone well. Many blessings and happy stitching.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:33 AM

Those hummingbird is awesome - and Jaba loves purples - perfect addition!
Old 10-04-2020, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LeeAnn View Post
Sewbizgirl, I have your top and don't want you to know what I have done until I'm finished. When I saw it in person there was no doubt what it needed. I think it will be an incredible quilt when it's completed. I am appliqueing and doing some handwork. I actually didn't get to start on it until yesterday but it is going rather quickly. I have a great idea for the corners that will pull everything together. I'll try again to post a picture before I ship it out. So far that has not gone well. Many blessings and happy stitching.
Oh boy! Now I am really excited about it. I'm sure it is amazing. Thank you, LeeAnn!
Old 10-04-2020, 05:28 PM

Bugaboo, love it and TG is right, my favorite color is purple. I grew up watching hummingbirds, favorite of my Mother’s and when we still had our mountain cabin they were thick up there. Use to watch them on the deck fighting to protect their territory.

Need to write more later....