Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group >

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Old 06-22-2014, 08:32 AM

I am having a very sad day. One of my quilting friends that I fist met about 10 years ago via the internet and have since met with almost every summer dh got sick only 12 days ago and passed away last night. For those who feel inclined please pray for my friend Pam and her family. Thanks terriamn
Old 06-22-2014, 08:35 AM

Bee what a beautiful cheery room. Libster I sound much more like you. Could never be that neat and organized. Terriamn
Old 06-22-2014, 08:46 AM

Terriamn- my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your friend. It's so hard losing your DH. I will pray for peace and calm for her. If you knew him, don't be afraid to talk about him with her. People unintentionally tend to not mention him thinking that that will help with the hurt. It doesn't at all..she needs to talk now. My heart goes out to her.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:13 PM

Thanks for the all the positive comments on my retirement room. The funniest thing is the wall you cannot see in the photo....if I get the courage I will post that photo one day .

My heart goes out to your friend. That kind of personal loss is so traumatic, leaving such huge hole in the day in so many ways. Her friends are so important now...to provide a "safe" place to express her grief. Tough to do with family members as they are grieving also.

I will pray for a blanket of her friends to cover her with love and compassion. We humans are so blessed to be able to comfort each other.

Bee
Old 06-22-2014, 02:49 PM

Bee Beatty, love your sewing space! Janice glad you got a moment or two to catch up and catch your breath. Thank goodness for sibling huh!?,
Old 06-22-2014, 05:28 PM

Joan, same as mine....no potty downstairs. I hold it until no tomorrow and then try to get upstairs safely and get angry because it takes valuable time from quilting and sewing you know? Looked into one of those flush up potty's...thought I would die at the cost of those. Think a porta potty would be more cost effective, have to ask hubby if he would empty that for me...might have to think about this. Discussion for when it is appropriate.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Joan, same as mine....no potty downstairs. I hold it until no tomorrow and then try to get upstairs safely and get angry because it takes valuable time from quilting and sewing you know? Looked into one of those flush up potty's...thought I would die at the cost of those. Think a porta potty would be more cost effective, have to ask hubby if he would empty that for me...might have to think about this. Discussion for when it is appropriate.
Jaba, I am still chuckling about your posts No matter where the bathroom is ....a trip there is such an interruption from sewing, especially when I am on a roll and everything is coming together perfectly. I still love the sewing room upstairs. Just think of all that great exercise we are getting.....taking the stairs.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:59 AM

To get the exercise this body needs, I need to make a lot more trips up and down those stairs!!
Old 06-23-2014, 05:11 AM

I just checked the tracking my squishy will be delivered today. :-)
Old 06-23-2014, 05:47 AM

Good morning! Everyone's package is scheduled to arrive today. From this point out, I'll hang out on the sidelines and let you all have this space to post as you wish. If anyone needs anything from me, you can email me for the fastest response. As you post completed block pics, I'll grab them for the gallery.

Have fun!