Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm Upset!! >

I'm Upset!!

I'm Upset!!

Old 04-04-2010, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I wonder if that has something to do with why my PBS station has dropped her tv show?
So has our Tampa, Fla PBS station. I will miss her but now I will just by her CD'S.
Thanks for the info.
Marie
Old 04-04-2010, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Next time you are near your Bernina dealer, just check out their newist emb. machine - IT sells for 10K and I think there are alot of add-ons you could get, too! --------- our first house was 10K and IT had a bathroom!
OMG LOLOLOL And as far as Martha goes, that's what I knicknamed my sister, and I thought I was giving her a compliment :)
Old 04-04-2010, 02:44 AM

They do not choose to leave or stay. It depends on there drives for $$$ to keep the shows on what show they will run...
That is the way the PBS stations work here.
We have Sue Hausemann - America Quilts Creatively 8 am
Pokey Bolton - Quilting Arts 8:30 am
Linda MacPhee - MacPhee's Workshop 9 am
Georgia Bonesteel- 9:30
Nancy Ziemann
Sue Hausemann- Sew America
Martha Pullen - Heriloon Sewing
Fons and Porter
Elanor Burns
Just the last few weeks Linda MacPhee has taken the slot of Kay Woods.... but they change like that a lot. We never get Simply Quilts with Alex Anderson, but she is one who has gone mostly internet.
We have morw quilt shops and quilters in the P NW than most areas. People pay to keep the shows here. So maybe it is the PBS station in your area not getting support. Some place have so many cooking shows.

Kay Woods is a wonderful person. I also chatted more than once with her at the Puyallup sewExpo. Have picture of us together... She is not retireing soon I do't think.
ConnieF
Old 04-04-2010, 02:53 AM

hi OmaFor Four

I agree with you. Thanks for haveing a good heart.

Connie F
Old 04-04-2010, 03:30 AM

Hi Clem
You can get loads of things on a 10K machine but I love my ol Feather weight to. AN I love my multi thousands $machine...

Needle up/needle down, needle threader especially when doing embroidery. Winds a second bobbin while I am sewing.
Has 25 needle positions, so I can get that perfect scant 1/4 in seam. over 700 stitches on the machine and thise can all be mirrow imaged or flipped. Memory programing. If I make a stitch I like I cansave it to use later. And scencer foot, and auto tennision's set from a sewing advisor. Tell it what fab, what weight and it will auto set the tenn for that job. But if you don't like you can change. It is an awsome machine. Made in Sweeden for over 300 years. This one is my fifth Viking /Husquvarna. Who now also owns Phaff
Old 04-04-2010, 03:34 AM

If it wasn't for the ones that really sound as if they are very jealous and petty, I would think this thread is really funny.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:38 AM

Janome may not have FiRED Kaye. If she is retiring, maybe she has decided not to renew her contract with Janome. If you watch Martha Pullens show, she frequently uses othe machines. I believe Nancy sold her business to Baby Lock and that is why she now uses their machines on her show. I have a Janome 6600, a Jem and a Babylock Elure Plus, as well a several other machines including 2 feather weights. I love each one and don't care who endorses them. Marie Osmond has sewn since she was very young. There was an excellent article in the Women who Create magazine last year. It showed the projects that she has made. Some from when she was very young. There are alot of people (new sewers) who are inticed to buy what others endorse. Not necessarily the top of the line.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:48 AM

http://www.kayewoodtv.com/ktv/ if you miss Kay Woods on Tv you can watch her on your computer....
Old 04-04-2010, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by ConnieF
http://www.kayewoodtv.com/ktv/ if you miss Kay Woods on Tv you can watch her on your computer....
Oh good. I did not know that. Thanks
Old 04-04-2010, 07:05 AM

I'm not calling anyone jealous or petty and I like a adult conversation too so don't get me wrong. I just feel for Marie I like Kaye Woods very much too. So I guess I got mixed up yesterday and I was sticking up for Marie. But I don't know her personally so thats where I leave this and I am sorry if you took me wrong. LOL see I'm laughing too.