Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-18-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Yah, I got my firmie yesterday. It came from DeeDee (NauDeeGal) and I feel honored that she took time from her busy summer schedule to be my sp. My camera is buried so I'll try to describe my package. She included several large pieces of fabric in purple and blues (just beautiful), hubby has already snatched one piece. She made a jar pin cushion and a cute coin purse out of fabric that is especially dear to me. She also sent a quilting novel, some fabric glue (hubby grabbed that to), needles and ribbon. It was a wonderful package. Thank you very much DeeDee.

I think your hubby needs to join this swap. :mrgreen:

Lori -- regifting those books are a great idea. It is quilty books after all!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Gingerly I walk to the computer and sit down to tell you thank you for the good healing vibes sent my way, I think they must be helping as I am feeling alittle better! Not great but better! Thank you all for your concern. The packages have been flying right and left around the world and they look great. I think that I idea of taking a picture of what you send before you ship it off is a good one. That way if your sp doesn't have a camera or doesn't know how to post a picture you could post it for them. It's a win win situation. I don't think you should post them before your sp gets the package though. That way they get the fun of showing what they got if they are able to do so. I am sending a couple of books that I have received here, I read them and enjoyed them so much that I would like to allow someone else to have that pleasure also. Would that be a problem with anyone?
I cant see it being a problem to re-gift the books ... send them my way if you like!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:48 AM

DH just came in the door with the mail and i said still not here? He said no they dont love you like I do honey! I had to smile and thought OK that makes up for no squishie once again. Oh I do hope it comes soon for I need a pick me up after 4 weeks of migraines!

Originally Posted by mscupid804
Originally Posted by shelrox
Originally Posted by mscupid804
I'm still waiting patiently to see if someone mails out to the state that starts with a V......anybody??? :-(
I am awaiting hte same thing as well and it is getting frustrating isnt it?
Yes, Shelrox, it's very frustrating waiting for your pkg after you see everyone else getting theirs. But on the upside, I have already been shopping for some items we all need as quilters for the next SP swap. Even tho I haven't rec'd my pkg yet, I am looking forward to the next one!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Great packages everyone. Hope it doesn't get crowded on the bench so that someone falls off! I hope all of you that are in pain get to feeling better soon.

I am leaving to go to Birmingham, Al to see my brother. He is on an L-Vad (left ventrical assist device) and not doing well. I would appreciate prayers for him. His name is Dennis.
Faye have a saft trip I will be praying for Dennis and your family.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by mtquilter09
The quilt that is pictured in my avitar won 1st place at the fair!!!!! I am so excited as this is my first time entering anything and then to get first place against a lot of the quilters in our quild thsat have been quilting alot longer than I have--WOW is all I can say!!!
Connie congratulations on your 1st place quilt.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:58 AM

Shelrox I hope you get some relief from those migraines soon.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:03 AM

Dagnabbit! Just checked my mailbox and found a "sorry we missed you" slip...I AM HOME!!!!!!! I stood out front hoping to flag him down (our postman deliver on foot)I can see him up the street...brb

Phew... I tracked him down...he just returned from knee surgery and is on light duty, "no packages", so it is at the post office...I am on my way there now!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, I rec'd a lovely PM from homecaregiver that she received my package, too!!!! My kind of day!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:17 AM

I just opened my package from Soniboo, thank you so much for the great SP gifts. I love the fabrics for me and the kiddies and I have a tote bag pattern to use these lovely charm squares. Great Christmas project book, I'm always looking for them. The diet note pad is funny and I love the quilting note cards. Of course we can all use the machine needles and the pin cushion is really cute, I like yo-yos! Thank you again........Donna
Old 08-18-2011, 11:23 AM

Thank you, I have started acupuncture, manipulation and gemmotherapy and something is finally breaking the cycle. Between Fibromyalgia, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and the Migraines life gets very difficult to deal with and I really enjoy this board and the swaps.

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Shelrox I hope you get some relief from those migraines soon.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:26 AM

I know of a certain someone who's firmy was delivered today!! I hope you enjoy your gifts!!