Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-04-2011, 05:21 PM

Today is only the 4th and already 2 packages delivered, great job swappers!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:30 PM

Both my packages are now mailed with a delivery date of 8/6.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:31 PM

I received a wonderful package today from "Cheri-J". This is her first swap and she did an excellent job. I love everything and needed several items. She included a really pretty pattern, so I might have to do some real work. LOL!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236662.jpe  
Old 08-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Hi everyone, had to take a minute and answer NormaBeth's question then it is back to giving out secret pals! I do not go alphabetically I print out a list and make a copy then cut names out into little strips and put into a baggie so each baggie has the same names in each one. Then I draw one from one baggie and one from the other one and that's how you are assigned your sp! Then it is a matter of finding your name on the matrix, copy it then find your sp on the list and paste it and send a pm to you. THAT is what takes so long!

Back to work now!!
Lori, have you thought about saving yourself a very timely step in the process, listed above? You could do all your matching, recording and instead of sending each individual a seperate PM, you could just announce on the thread that you are done and attach the matrix link. Not a large time saver but a time saver none the less!! You are doing such a fabulous job and I know that I speak for all the swappers in saying that! Yee Hawww!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:29 PM

my prayers go out to wanderingcreek, her mom and her family. it is so traumatic to have that happen right before your eyes and feeling powerless to help. i have walked in her shoes before.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:43 PM

to my sp: your city is home to a state park and there are many feathers flocked together somewheres near where you live.

i have something to craft for you once i get my brain to working and then your package will be on its way.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 PM

Thank you very much for thinking of me and trying
to think of ways to make it easier. Actually when I put your sp in the matrix next to your name and update it automatically generates a pm to you so that is one step I don't have to do.

Originally Posted by Rose L
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Hi everyone, had to take a minute and answer NormaBeth's question then it is back to giving out secret pals! I do not go alphabetically I print out a list and make a copy then cut names out into little strips and put into a baggie so each baggie has the same names in each one. Then I draw one from one baggie and one from the other one and that's how you are assigned your sp! Then it is a matter of finding your name on the matrix, copy it then find your sp on the list and paste it and send a pm to you. THAT is what takes so long!

Back to work now!!
Lori, have you thought about saving yourself a very timely step in the process, listed above? You could do all your matching, recording and instead of sending each individual a seperate PM, you could just announce on the thread that you are done and attach the matrix link. Not a large time saver but a time saver none the less!! You are doing such a fabulous job and I know that I speak for all the swappers in saying that! Yee Hawww!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:24 PM

Prayers going out to Wandering Creek and her family. I feel for her!!! Know what she is going through right now!!! Hugs Wandering Creek ... make sure you look after yourself through this!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:25 PM

I have both of my Secret Pal's shopping done ... They will be going in the mail on Monday ... South of me.... However, I think everyone is South of me ... Not sure yet if they are Southeast or Southwest or just plain South ... will fire off more hints later... :D
Old 08-04-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
I have both of my Secret Pal's shopping done ... They will be going in the mail on Monday ... South of me.... However, I think everyone is South of me ... Not sure yet if they are Southeast or Southwest or just plain South ... will fire off more hints later... :D
Ok I'm southwest, so I'm claiming this one as mine. Everyone back off...lol