Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-19-2011, 06:43 PM

Love old magazines. I have a box of Workbasket magazines from the 70's that I got at a garage sale for $1. I think there is 7 or 8 year's worth. Guess I could include those in a future swap. I'm not sure why I bought them -- they are mostly knit and crochet patterns and I don't do either. But how could I not when they were only $1.

I posted on the main board my recent Goodwill find, but will repost one picture here because it is a hoot. I bought two sewing boxes full of stuff, include some "trolley supports" that you can use to "refresh your girdle."
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244121.jpe  
Old 08-19-2011, 06:48 PM

I signed up for two secret pals this month and after such nice gifts from 'selfhunter' I received some great gifts from 'LaQuita', too. It was fun to come home from vacation and find two packages and all this neat stuff!

LaQuita sent me some autumn leaves fabric and my favorite yellow and green fat quarters to go with it. (It's just the right time for me to make a fall table runner.) She also sent some patriotic fabric, Werthers candy mints, a magnetic picture frame, sticky notes, some sparkly note cards, a reminder note pad to stick on the refrig, and a mini bow tucks purse pattern. That is something I have wanted to try since seeing some on the Quilt Board.

Thanks, LaQuita, and selfhunter for being the best secret pals!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244125.jpe   attachment-244126.jpe  
Old 08-19-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
Love old magazines. I have a box of Workbasket magazines from the 70's that I got at a garage sale for $1. I think there is 7 or 8 year's worth. Guess I could include those in a future swap. I'm not sure why I bought them -- they are mostly knit and crochet patterns and I don't do either. But how could I not when they were only $1.

I posted on the main board my recent Goodwill find, but will repost one picture here because it is a hoot. I bought two sewing boxes full of stuff, include some "trolley supports" that you can use to "refresh your girdle."

LOL do people still wear those things, I should but don't I like my freedom...so funny!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr

This is a hoot!! Do you have a quilty project in mind for them?....I know how creative quilters can be!!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by grumpy90650
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
When I go to Walmart I always get 2 of the qullt patterns one for me and 1 for my sp. I had a lady give me a stack of 13 magazines from 1987 to 2009. She can no longer quilt because of her sight and arthritis. Would these be good for secret pals swap or are they to old to be of interest to anyone? I will look through them first but was wondering if these would be good to pass along with my future package?
please pass them along....i think the majority of us quilters ejoy the older mags as well as new ones!!!!

I agree, they are priceless and timeless.
Also I will be including everyone on the QB in some prayers tonight for all of our needs, especially those in pain and discomfort.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:35 PM

what beautiful autumn leaves! The packages just keep coming in, we are doing well this month. I will be sending out pms Monday to those who have not mailed yet. I hope tomorrow brings in a lot more, I show 28 that I know of that are in the mail. So everyone who has not received theirs yet be on the look out!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:45 PM

Thanks, Lori, for rounding things up so we can get on to September's swap. :-)
Old 08-19-2011, 07:52 PM

Guess I'm on the bench too this month--no pkgs coming to my house think I'll get my gd to come and sit with me so we can read a book together. My daughter and her 2 girls are here--she came with 40 lbs. of peaches and 25 lbs. of cukes--think I know what she wants help with!!!
All is good--I have iced coffee anyone else???
Old 08-19-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
I know you have all been waiting to see what Carrot aka Karen sent to Sue.

She is really thrilled with the gorgeous fabric. She wants to know how you knew she had just lost her ruler handle? The postcards are gorgeous, especially the hat one. The keyring/tape measure is really hand. She loves the mug rug and has already put it to good use.

I am pleased that she has that fantastic needlecase. Perhaps she will stop moaning that she can never find where she put her needle. I spent a long time yesterday searching out all the needles that had disappeared inside of her pincushion yesterday!

Mike
NIce Job Mike! :)
Old 08-19-2011, 10:37 PM

Anyone know anyone near Oak Creek, Wisconsin? If so, watch your mail box later today, you may get a visit from the ever elusive mail carrier.