Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group >

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Boom 13 "JADE" 2 month group

Old 06-24-2014, 02:07 PM

Billi,

Thank you for asking this question. Boom 11 was my first Swap. I washed and ironed all my F8s before sending them out. ( I throw in a Shout Color Catcher sheet jus to be sure. However, I generally do not wash my fabric before I cut unless I am using bright reds or jewel tones.......so...when I received my F8s from Janice.....I just jumped right in and started cutting fabric as I made each block. About halfway through I realized that I had not washed the fabric 1st! Oh...no...so I started washing from that point. Some of the fabric I used to make blocks were larger pieces of left over fabric - tough to wash.So its sounds like the answer is....wash everything.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:12 PM

Default Prewashing - glad topic came up

I planned to ask you this later but how do you all feel about the prewashing rule? I kept it from previous Booms and never thought to change it until someone questioned it earlier in sign-ups. Frankly, I don't prewash fabric EXCEPT for these booms.

What do you do as a matter of routine? And why? i'm curious to know if you think this is a rule that should be kept, dropped or left to each person's own discretion?

And if you are too busy playing with your fabrics to answer now, don't give it a thought. I'll ask again at a later time when things calm down for you.

Happy Stitching!
Old 06-24-2014, 02:17 PM

Default Moonrise Block

Moonrise ...this is the block I have made for you. I decided to include elements from your fabric and mine and design the spaces around them. Bad angle on the camera (the block components are squared up). I had to include the rising moon... Hope you like it. Bee
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-13-jade-moonrise-final-block.jpg  
Old 06-24-2014, 02:49 PM

I normally don't wash my fabric either, like Bee Betty if I am using a very vivid color I will soak a piece and see if it bleeds. Rarely does. The washing the fabric for the booms always gets me a day behind. I pick my block, then the fabric. Wash the fabric, hang to dry and sew with it the next day. Would love not to have to do this step. That's my 2 cents worth. Terriamn
Old 06-24-2014, 05:20 PM

Are we posting pictures as we finish them this Boom? I know we did last boom but wasn't sure if we should post on here or just send them to Janice and let her post on the picture page so if someone didn't want to see their blocks they didn't have to look! LOL...im too snoopy to wait myself!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Are we posting pictures as we finish them this Boom? I know we did last boom but wasn't sure if we should post on here or just send them to Janice and let her post on the picture page so if someone didn't want to see their blocks they didn't have to look! LOL...im too snoopy to wait myself!
I followed along like we did Boom 11. Actually, it is easier to post several at once...and I am happy to send to Janice also. This one was not the usual kind of block for me...so thought I would post for Moonrise in case she had something completely different in mind. Saved enough fabric to start over.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:23 PM

Unless it's a fabric that I think will bleed and that I have not tested before, I do not prewash. There is no way to wash every single little square to make you all a block unless you wash everything when you bring it home and truthfully I do not. My fabric is unwashed most of the time and I don't expect you to wash each little piece you use to make my block. The 1st time I wash a quilt I just make sure to use a couple of color catcher's and have never had a problem. That being said if you want me to make sure I wash fabric before hand let me know.
Went to my woman cave this afternoon, opened the bag, just picked the little packs as they came out and this is my results for the afternoon. Hope you like your blocks ladies. Moonrise, Mosher92, Sunrise450, Billi, Terriamn, and Marcialee
[ATTACH=CONFIG]480288[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]480289[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]480290[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]480291[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]480292[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]480293[/ATTACH]Tomorrow is another day
Attached Thumbnails dscf2174.jpg   dscf2175.jpg   dscf2176.jpg   dscf2177.jpg   dscf2178.jpg  

dscf2179.jpg  
Old 06-24-2014, 06:23 PM

Default first block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]480294[/ATTACH]Dutchmans Puzzle
Attached Thumbnails first.jpg  
Old 06-24-2014, 06:25 PM

Calling all quilters! I have fabric that didn't fit the requirements of the swap due to needing certain blocks for a quilt but if anyone would like to do a side swap please PM me! I want one of four blocks, they are two easy blocks from quilters cache and two easy/medium quilts (ie wild cats) from the swap. I would be glad to trade with you and make you a block of your easy/medium easy level quilting. PM me if interested! thanks so much! next time I will be more flexible and hope to fit in the picture of things here! one day at a time.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:26 PM

Jaba you are super fast, love my block thanks Terriamn