Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 12-07-2015, 08:56 PM

Remember everyone.....start looking for things for next year. That way, you'll have a stash already done and ready to go. you'd just have to get a few things together. Makes for a bigger package for less money.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:07 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that our leader for the Secret Santa swap is an absolute sweetheart. While I was at work tonight she dropped off a package for me. She handed it to my great nephew Zach who put it on my cutting table in my sewing room. I got home around 10:30 and no one said anything to me, I found it when I went into the room to get a snack. I messaged Terri to thank her, and I will post pictures of everything tomorrow. She is truly an "angel" who went above and beyond to make up for the person who, for whatever reason, did not fulfill her obligation to this swap.

I can tell you what's in the package. There is a beautiful set of FQ's, 2 candles, several bags of candy (there goes the waist line, LOL). There's also pins, teeny tiny scissors, a pocket calendar, jingle bells, a small notebook, a Santa hat, several patterns, needles. Oh yeah, and 2 packs of Frixion pens - my favorite!!!! I probably missed listing something, but I will post several pictures tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:17 PM

My SS is gramadona and she certainly was very generous, as you can see from the picture. I have sent her a PM to let her know how much I liked everything. She even sent Bootsie some treats.

Happy holidays to all.
Attached Thumbnails ss-gifts.jpg  
Old 12-07-2015, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Hope your special day was fabulous Terri, Happy Birthday to you!!
I think everyone got very special packages this year, I know I did..thank you again Evie for making the year end on a "happy note". So excited to put the quilt kit together
Jaba, it was my pleasure. You were really easy to "shop" for and I'm happy you liked my picks. If you do get the kit put together, please be sure to show us.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:26 AM
Power Poster

Me and my husband both enjoyed this Secret Santa. It was so much fun through out the whole time. Laughs, and giggles, and all the excitement. Trying to make our package special, and most of all meeting new people who become friends.

Our hostess is such a blessing.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:11 AM

I am really going to start on next years now AND I am going to have enough on hand that if I'm needed to be an "Angel" I will be ready! I cant help feeling that those who didnt send may be seriously ill or in dire straights. I hope they are OK.

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
Remember everyone.....start looking for things for next year. That way, you'll have a stash already done and ready to go. you'd just have to get a few things together. Makes for a bigger package for less money.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay View Post
I am really going to start on next years now AND I am going to have enough on hand that if I'm needed to be an "Angel" I will be ready! I cant help feeling that those who didnt send may be seriously ill or in dire straights. I hope they are OK.
I thought that too. I know that many of our members are older and/or have health issues. And of course, life has a way of turning things upside down in a second. That said, the decision to ban those who signed up but didn't send is valid unless they contact Terri to explain why they weren't able to let her know they'd have to bow out.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:50 AM

This year was my first time in this swap and I just have to tell you I really enjoyed it and will be back next year. I am truly sorry for the ones that did mot receive a package that is a terrible feeling, been there on another group. Love seeing all the pictures, (even if I still cant get mine loaded) I do have one problem though, I dont think its fair that I worked my butt off and put together an awesome package for ny Secret Santa Pal and they dont even acknowledge anything about it. No Thank You, no I hate my package no nothing. I would think that would automatically be included from anyone. I was brought up to say thank you.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:01 AM

Hi Guys,

Firstly you are all so right... Terri is fantastic! This is my 4th year and this swap is always lovely.

M-fay - what a generous though about the non-senders.... and you are right, sometimes life gives us Lemons!

I am in for next year too - God willing I am still here - LOL!

I know what it is like not to receive in a swap and I have had the good fortune to have some lovely angels... so if I am ever needed to be an angel - Terri, count me in!

Hugs

Caroline
Old 12-08-2015, 05:11 AM

Happy Birthday Terri, a little late.