Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 05-03-2011, 06:18 PM

Wow! You all have been active while I was vacationing,lol.
Everybody's progress looks so great...love the layouts and ideas.
I started tracing templates and hubby started cutting for me..(bless him)..hoping to work on block 9 tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Power Poster

Glad to see you back Candi! Wishing luck!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:17 PM

Glad you're back, Candi. Hope you had a great vacation. Will be looking forward to seeing your blocks.

Patti, I am in the very, very early learning of stages of digitizing. I was able to take that design today and make just an outline for the first round of stitching so I have just the outside lines and not the insides for cutting away the batting. I felt real accomplishment at getting that far. I THINK I can digitize pebbles (or I'll ask my DH's sister to do it for me).

There are so many new things I'm learning for this quilt and each day I don't know which one I want to be working on, doing the applique, working on the trapunto, practicing free motion quilting, figuring out which QAYG process I want to use, and on and on and on. But it's fun.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:51 PM

I finished a UFO today; a table runner that I embroidered flower blocks last year. I pieced them together and then I machine quilted it and sewed on the binding. It looks great on my dining room table. I started cutting out the T shirt squares for my DGS quilt. We are leaving tomorrow to go camping in St. Augustine and we won't be home until late Sat. I wish I could take my sewing machine with me but the fun of camping is to spend time with my DH and just relax. I am still aiming for June 5 to start AOTH. We'll be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary on May 6. I'll probably gain 5 pounds because I have so many favorite restuarants in St. Augustine. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-03-2011, 09:30 PM

Relax and enjoy your time away, your sewing will be waiting for your return. But I know what you mean by wanting to take it with you. Sewing separation anxiety!!

The days are too short, never seem to get accomplished everything on my agenda either.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
I finished a UFO today; a table runner that I embroidered flower blocks last year. I pieced them together and then I machine quilted it and sewed on the binding. It looks great on my dining room table. I started cutting out the T shirt squares for my DGS quilt. We are leaving tomorrow to go camping in St. Augustine and we won't be home until late Sat. I wish I could take my sewing machine with me but the fun of camping is to spend time with my DH and just relax. I am still aiming for June 5 to start AOTH. We'll be celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary on May 6. I'll probably gain 5 pounds because I have so many favorite restuarants in St. Augustine. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well Happy Anniversary for the 6th Losie - and you could always take a bit of hand sewing with you!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:17 AM

My sisters and I are vacationing together for the first time in many years and will be spending a week at the beach. When I told them I was bringing sewing along, they all laughed at me!

Hope you have a great vacation and anniversary.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:28 AM

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your vacation here, and I know what you mean about the food, lol, and don't forget the fudge :mrgreen: Awesome weather here and lions are finally back on the bridge after being stored for a long time during bridge construction.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:30 AM

Lesley, Thanks for all the info you gave me about your quilt. You said that I should look on your PDA page 490, but I do not know what that is? What's a PDA?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

Here is a link for you TooMany... http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-22961-490.htm That should get you there. A PDA is a Personal/Diary/Announcment thread that any board member can set up.

Happy Anniversary, Happy vacations and happy camping to you guys! Isn't gaining weight and enjoying what those trips are for??? LOL!