Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Last minute Quilt along >

Last minute Quilt along

Last minute Quilt along

Old 10-20-2013, 07:51 AM

I'm getting grumpy, as I started four quilts for my staff, and had the brilliant idea to do QAYG.. Never again!!!.. I really want to start on my next quilt which will be a story quilt, but I am too disciplined to start on something before I finish what I have. I designed the story quilt, and am following a lot of the ideas from Mary Lou Weidman. Can't wait, so I am working like a demon to finish the others..
Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 AM

I'm in. I am going to be busy cutting out pattern pieces for two stuffed Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. The pattern came as a panel from my LQS, and they are going to be tricky to cut out. They will end up being Christmas gifts for my two dear little nephews.

I also need to start cutting out pieces for an apron for my best friend. That'll be her Christmas present. Good luck today everyone!
Old 10-20-2013, 08:08 AM

I am working on a baby boy Chevron Quilt - my nephew and his wife just had their second boy yesterday - I better hurry up and finish this one. Will try to post pics later.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:09 AM

Wow, 28 minutes to piece together on ornament. This may take a while. At least I know the pattern will work. Just waiting for the glue to dry. Eating a little lunch then back to it. Starting to get sleepy. The weather here is turning cold and the furnace is not up and ready for winter yet so the chill in the house makes me want to nap. Oh well, plenty of time for sleeping later.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:12 AM

Otis, congrats on the new member of the family.

Frenchfryqueen, once done with those Rudolphs feel free to make another and send my way. I love stuffed animals for under my tree to occupy that empty space until Santa arrives. LOL
Old 10-20-2013, 09:05 AM

I love her stuff. She is so much fun. I can't wait to see what you come with.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:14 AM

Update: Got Abby's (my tabby cat) little blankie put together and am ready to quilt. I think I'll do a simple stitch-in-the-ditch to make fast work of it. It's been getting chilly here at night, and this coming week is supposed to be even colder. She's cold-natured, so I'm sure she'll appreciate having this to snuggle up in.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 AM

I'm in for a day of sewing, I need to stitch the binding on something for my SS and then need to finish tatting some ornaments for a swap. When finished with that then some scraps are calling for assembling into blocks. DH is playing in his Man Cave today. Will check back with pictures latter.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:53 AM

Well no pics yet of my stuff. Glue still drying on the four ornaments. changed my mind on one of the rugrugs and decided to do a small wallhanging instead. All appliques cut out and ready to go on. Neck getting stiff from looking down for so long now so time to take a medium length break. Dh made it home finally for lunch so gonna talk to him for a bit, then back to it once he leaves at 4 to go back to work. Dedemac and Nessie, you two sure do get around dont you. Watch everyone, they have come to drag us down to this bottom of the hole. LOL

Cant wait to see how everyone stuff comes out.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:13 AM

Well I am in. I have spent the morning watching football and playing with D9P for a baby quilt. My first D9P so we will see what I get. Also need to finish putting the binding on a quilt for DGD. Have fun.