Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st >

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

Old 06-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Power Poster

Pat I love the mittens. You do very nice hand work. Thanks for the pictures too. Humm Lynnie .....looks like no new pin cush. or needle bks. Karen maybe you can look in the mens suit part of the thrift store for wool.Lynnie I got you another pack of scraps together maybe I can mail it tomorrow on my way to town. Have a pleasant evening everybody.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

opps Pat I forgot to say the ornament is pretty also. It is made with denim? I've made several of them and never thought about denim for one.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

Hello everyone. Those are very pretty pictures of all the ornaments.

Me and my dear husband seen a wild turkey Monday, and a bit later while driving seen a second one. We mostly see them when we go up to where my son lives. I once scared an opossum off my back porch. It was funny.

I got a call today that I am very anemic as my B12 is very low. I will be going to get my first shot for it tomorrow. I will be sending off my pincushion with a few goodies tomorrow. Now I know why I have been slower than usual for me. lol.. Anything I do right now, I feel like I am doing it through quick sand. lol.. I am not complaining though. I smile at just about everything I can.

I don't know if my special person will like her pincushion, but I had so much fun making it. It's the first time also that I made 2 pretty beaded pins, but they aren't very long. We could only find 2 inch ones, but they still look pretty. I don't know what all you girls use to glue them on. I used my glue gun, and got the burned fingers to prove it. lol... I had so much fun.

I have to admit that I did not check my post office today, because I was too tired, but will be there tomorrow so I can get this one sent off.

Lynnie I will try to look tonight for some squares to send you in an envelope. I hope that will help.

I look forward to some pretty Christmas Ornaments too.

Have a nice evening or night.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

I too am anemic, last yr. i went downto 6 on the blood ct. it kinda means you're almost dead. I get infusions every other month. Gives 3 hrs of downtime to read a book in peace and quiet.

Thanks for the offer of sqs. Susan. working on some tonight.

Well tomorrow is the yard sale at 8:30 am. i'll let you all know what i got.

Looking forward to tomorrows mail and seeing pictures.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:46 PM

I got a pin cushion!! Sorry for the late post, but I was out this evening (and our mail comes late). A huge thank you to Ladybug1938!! What an adorable pin cushion and I love the butterfly pins, too! Your card was so cute - I wish I could do that. I'm going to post a picture of both sides - one has a ladybug on it (it will remind me who made it!) and the other side has a butterfly. Thanks again!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 06-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Power Poster

Peg your pincushion from ladybug is just beautiful. Ladybug you really did a nice job on it. Those butterfly pins are really nice. Aww, I love both the butterfly on one side of pincushion, and then the bright little ladybug on the other side. The card or paper with the cute cutting mat, scissors and such, is so cute, and it looks like a little very pretty envelope in the back. You got a great package.

Lynnie do you have pernicious anemia?
Old 06-12-2014, 03:51 AM

Wow, Peg, you made out. That flower pincushion is beautiful. Great job Ladybug! Everyone is so talented!!!

According to the USPS my partner received my pincushion on Monday. I haven't heard anything from her yet. I hope she liked it.

Last edited by klaws; 06-12-2014 at 03:54 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:15 AM

Good Morning Ladies
Love all the pictures coming in..Great Job!!
Raining in Georgia but I am not complaining..We need it..
Hoping everyone has a great day!
Old 06-12-2014, 04:50 AM

You are most welcome Peg, the card is from a set I got from SIS ( Mary L) she sent me them to use for my swap packages and I love them, she needs to post the url so we can check how to make them... The jar opens and inside is another butterfly Peg, sitting in a nest of string I believe I got from Quilty-Louise... just love that stuff...to use for a filler, you can also use it as a button jar.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:53 AM

Well, look there! Here is my other butterfly friend! I also love that thread nest, Ladybug.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg