Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st >

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 PM

Yea, Rosemary! I'm glad you got it. I knew you'd like that little angel.
I've read up now after being gone all day. So much I forget even what to comment on! Know that if I weren't so tired, I'd chime right in. These last couple days have been tough. I fall into bed exhausted - physically and emotionally. New behavioral/occupational therapist beginning with my youngest dd...we have a long road ahead.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Power Poster

Peg get you some rest, and you and your young-ins are in my prayers.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

Karen I didn't take pictures as it was just some fabric scraps and a card with a heart shaped bookmark,like I sent my two partners this month. Sis aren't those cute pin cush and scissor holder.Good job Peg. Karen love the cartoon.I too thought of Zoey.lol.Everyone have a good day. Hope to see more pictures of the swaps coming in.These are pictures of the heart shapped book marks
Attached Thumbnails dsc02621.jpg   dsc02620.jpg  
Old 06-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Power Poster

Klaws, I burst out laughing, really!!!
Everyone knows a wedding trumps a birthday party!!! When Zoey gets married, you are all invited.
went sewing today a t a fellow QB members house. we have an appointment on Thursday at 8:30 am to look at sewing stuff from a lady's mom. she passed recently and is selling off stuff. First time i went to a sale with an 'appointment time'.
My friend took pics of my hexes so far, she will post tonight under pictures. I hope the colors came out good. we'll see. gonna go make dinner, steaks on the bar be que and corn on the cob and watermelon for dessert.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

Mary, love the bookmark idea and thank you for mine. Gotta start reading for the summer reading program at the public library. they give out gooodies every time you you read a book. Now i have an excuse to use my neato book mark.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

Oh I love those pretty bookmarks. I have a few in my family that I would like to make some for. Oh, I just thought that would be a great thing to make for all my great nieces when they start back to school. They always have to see how many points they can get to stay on top with their reading program. I have a teacher friend of mine that if I could ever get some made would love having some to encourage her students with these by awarding one of these to each one as they reach a certain goal.

Mary do you make them with anything between the fabric or ironed to each side? I want to make one for my hubby too. He is an avid reader.

I am typing to forget the bad storm we just came through with hail and high winds. It still doesn't look good out.

I have to tell you all about something.
I had a little pincushion I found several years ago, long before I was making any or even quilting/sewing much at all. I have looked and looked for it, because I can't imagine I would have just thrown it out. It was a little old time wringer washing machine. Someone had used short bits of plastic straws to make the rollers that the clothes went through. It was maybe about 4 inches tall, and I think the shape was constructed out of some of that plastic canvas, and then filled in with colors of thread. It stood on the legs, and just very detailed. Oh I wish I could find it. I never mentioned it, because I was hoping to find it. I haven't given up hope yet. lol...

Well, can't wait to see the picture lynnie is talking about. I bet it is so pretty. Lynnie that food you just mentioned sounds like my kind of food in the summer, well just about anytime. My son grills outside on his deck in the middle of the winter, because he loves grilled food better than any, and he insists on the charcoal over gas. Sometimes he will add little wooden chips of sorts too. His deck where he grills is not far from his kitchen so his wife gets the fixens ready while he does the grilling. lol You also having me now dying for some corn on the cob. That is my favorite. Now I have got to fix some baked squash with cheese in it. A new recipe I want to try.

Have a good evening. NO STORMS!!!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:52 PM

The bookmarks are really cute, I've never seen them as hearts before. Here is a link to lynnie's hexes: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t248234.html
Old 06-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

Susan, wow, hail, we only had a sprinkling of rain today, cooler now.
The bar be que was great. the watermelon needed salt, but was delish!
I want to work on the quilt, but my neck is killing me. I'm waiting to hear
back from the doctor. Might need another neck surgery. I hope not.
i've ut out a few invites for people to join us. we have a great group now.
Gonna go work on the July pc in awhile. All have a good night.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

Lauriejo, how did you do that that the link came up.
sometimes, computers amaze me!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:01 PM

Yes Sis loved the Strawberry Pincushion and scissor holder, really darling... One year back in Michigan when my kids were little I decorated my whole Christmas tree with Strawberries ( red fabric with white dots) and red bows. millions of them... Was a real tree too... So pretty...