Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st >

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

Old 06-08-2014, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

Claire did a great job with her embroidery. She is learning so many wonderful skills. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Ladybug those flowers sound pretty.

Lauriejo glad you got your box cleaned up. I am glad you still have your hydrangea bush. I had a beautiful butterfly bush in bloom last year, and now it's dead along with a pine tree, and a green decorator type evergreen tree. The two trees have been here for about 13 years so I don't know what happened.
If you conside the weaher we had this past winter you can believe how some of the older plants seem like they have died, we had many here in Fl that have eventually come back.... Takes a bit of coaxing....Our orange tree ( we are in the panhandle of Florida so these trees are suited to our area) has tons of green tennis ball size oranges on it already, this winter must have been good for that tree.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:19 AM

My package has been mailed and it's going West... Rosemary
Old 06-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

Rosemary, a cousin of mine in Chicago said they have lots of bushes, and some trees that died due to the severe weather. Here where I live in East Tn. we didn't get that much snow, but did get extreme cold weather. She thinks that is what may have killed mine. I live higher up too so I guess that is possible. I am going to have to get my son over with his chain saw to do some cutting down for me.

My pincushion will not be going out today, because I forgot that we are going for my Rhuematologist appointment shortly, and I will be by 2 different fabric shops I love, so I want to wait until after that so if I see any goodies that I might add.

Well everyone have a good day.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:31 AM

I know some packages got mailed last week when my box was full (and I was lost in my "real" life), so I would really appreciate it if you could resend any messages that couldn't go through. It will make it much easier for me to figure out where we are at now.

Very pretty embroidery Claire, keep up the good work!

I went to the Goodwill outlet this morning, actually scored some goodies for a change! They sell the clothing by the pound so I bought some shirts to cut up for the plaid cotton, and wool sweaters to felt. I also bought a stretchy velveteen dress just for the rhinestone clips . Then I bought a couple of Christmas ornaments for the sparkly beads. Oh and 3 cross stitch magazines. All for under $8.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

Wow Laurie you got a good bargain. Don't forget to check out the jewelry for new beads.Claire did a great job on her embroidery. I'm so glad to see you using it. My mom always said when someone makes you something you should use it. Don't save it for something special or it will always be in a box waiting.Sis (rosemary) sounds like you have wild morning glories. We get them too. If we have a lot of rain in the spring they seem to be all over.They are beautiful.Everybody have a great day. Hope more swaps get delivered today.Hugs Mary
Old 06-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

Roserips, yes, i'd love some fab scraps, sent you my address.
Claire does beautiful work, she's a natural at this handwork!
I got a pkg from Mary (Lawsons mugs) today, Mary, you must have some great compuetr programs. i got a cute sewing card with notions on it, and one of those heart bookmarks. Love it. There will be requests for that one, so get ready. and she sent me some really nice scraps for my hex quilt. And the envelope that she made was scrumptious too with bobbin all over it. Mary, did you take a picture to show everyone? thank you.
It's overccast and rainy today and will be for the next few days here. I got fabs to sew my hexie quilt with now. Thanks.
Everyone enjoy your day. Today is my anniversary, I married the best man in the world 7 years ago.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:13 PM

Happy Anniversary Lynnie and many more!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:16 PM

Wow, great job on the embroidery Claire!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

Happy Anniversary Lynnie. The first marriage is for practice,So you know what you don't want the next time. lol your sure welcome. So glad you like the scraps. I'll send more later. The card and envelope was made using Microsoft office 2013 it came on my comp. The artwork is from Lisa's clipart. I paid for a year of membership . Actually my daughter got the membership for me. I love it. That's how I make a lot of my fancy wrappers for candy etc. Also us prints of joy.it's been cooler here in the 60's yesterday and today with some showers.Feels good and it's so good for the pasture and hay fields.