Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilt Magazine, which one? >
  • Quilt Magazine, which one?

• Quilt Magazine, which one?

Old 08-16-2011, 04:07 AM

I usually have 4 subscriptions going each year. The only quilting magazine I get continuously every year is the American Quilter because that is part of the subscription to American Quilting Society.

I keep a list of the quilt magazines out there... so I can cycle through the list. I always have 2 or 3 rotating subscriptions a year... staggered by season, so that when one sub runs out, I subscribe to a different magazine. That way I never get bored.

My newest quilt mag is The Quilt Life...(my first subscription to this one). I should receive my first issue sometime this month.
    Old 08-16-2011, 04:14 AM

On rainy days, I go to Barnes&Noble, get a cup of coffee and look through all of the quilt magazines. If I get a subscription again it will be American Patchwork and Quilting.
    I usually buy one magazine during these rainy day trips.
    Old 08-16-2011, 04:18 AM

My favorite is Australian patchwork and quilting. Too expensive to get here. The postage is a killer. It is cheaper to get it sent thru Canada but still a lot. One of the LQS has it for less than I can subscribe to it. I can flip thru it and decide if I want to buy it.
    Old 08-16-2011, 04:37 AM
    Power Poster

I don't subscribe but every now and then see one on the newsstands that appeals to me.
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by QM
    I gave up on all of them and use the on-line goodies for free. The last couple of subscriptions have been very disappoiinting. If I wanted, I could get some mags on disk from QuiltPro.
    I agree AGREE> Online is my way of going. Try e-patternscentral.com for tested patterns at reduced rates and immediate downloads
    Old 08-16-2011, 05:51 AM

I subscribe to Quilter's World, Fons & Porter Love of Quilting, and American Patchwork and Quilting. I would definitely not subscribe to any either. There's just too many free patterns and tutorials online. I was really upset when Fons & Porter came with clothing sales in the middle of it, but my last one did not have it. Perhaps enough people voiced their dislike at this.
    Old 08-16-2011, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
    My one indulgence is quilt magazine subscriptions-I subscribe to 7 of them! I enjoy (and have subscribed to it the longest-10 years)Quiltmaker-I find the patterns and instructions really easy to follow and have made many from that one. I also enjoy McCalls Quilting, Fons and Porter's For the Love of Quilting, and Quilter's Home (though they are going out of publication as I understand-I loved it when Mark Lipinski was at the helm-loved the magazine for everything except the patterns, but got so many great patterns from the others. I actually enjoy ALL my magazines and continually thumb thru them (even the oldest ones) for inspiration and when I find a new fabric I have to have-to find a suitable pattern for it. If you are a beginner quilter, I think Quiltmaker and Quick Quilts would be a good start-pleanty of beginner-friendly patterns and tuts.
    maybe one of these...do like to take the occasional mag to bed or on vacation.
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:16 AM

I really enjoy Marc Lipinski's Fabric Trends. It has been revamped and is so much better than all the rest. This is the only subscription I have.
    Old 08-16-2011, 07:51 AM

I like of Fons and Porters and McCalls Quilting.
    IdahoSandy
    Old 08-16-2011, 08:38 AM

I look at them in the supermarkets and bookstores. If I find that I like to buy one pretty consistently then I subscribe. Right now it is American Patchwork and Quilting, McCall's Quilting and Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting.