Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Magazine, which one? >

Quilt Magazine, which one?

Quilt Magazine, which one?

Old 08-16-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
My one indulgence is quilt magazine subscriptions-I subscribe to 7 of them! I enjoy (and have subscribed to it the longest-10 years)Quiltmaker-I find the patterns and instructions really easy to follow and have made many from that one. I also enjoy McCalls Quilting, Fons and Porter's For the Love of Quilting, and Quilter's Home (though they are going out of publication as I understand-I loved it when Mark Lipinski was at the helm-loved the magazine for everything except the patterns, but got so many great patterns from the others. I actually enjoy ALL my magazines and continually thumb thru them (even the oldest ones) for inspiration and when I find a new fabric I have to have-to find a suitable pattern for it. If you are a beginner quilter, I think Quiltmaker and Quick Quilts would be a good start-pleanty of beginner-friendly patterns and tuts.
i agree, Quiltmaker or Quick Quilts..or just "Quilt" magazine.

the one i would really like is "Quilts and More" they come out quarterly, and it is one you have to find in the shops,no subscription. it has quilt patterns and some little sewing items/projects in it too. always great!

if i were you, i would watch the classified section here, and buy them used. or the free section and offer to pay for shipping.

i let all mine lapse. no plans on starting them up again.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 AM

American Patchwork and Quilting........it has something for everyone and complete, easy to follow instructions.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:18 PM

This would be my choice. It has consistently had good patterns and articles. The other magazines just aren't what they used to be and that is disappointing to me. I've taken them all, so I can relate to what has happening in the publishing business. I also would not subscribe to on on-line magazine. I was unhappy with that process and didn't renew my subscription.

Originally Posted by mosaicthinking
I like American Patchwork & Quilting. Just wish they would let me subscribe to it here in Australia.

I do buy it from time to time at the newsagent and my lovely July doll quilt partner sent me a copy last month. It was the best treat ever.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:39 PM

Quilters Newsletter Magazine.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:45 PM

My all-time favourite and continuously subscribed-to magazine is Quilters Newsletter Magazine. Have been a fan & subscriber for more than 15 years.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:56 PM

American Patchwork & Quilting......Quiltmaker, also.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:28 PM

I like Fons and Porter, Quilt, Quiltmaker and McCall's Quilting.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:57 PM

Of the magazines I subscribe to now, I think I would keep Quilting Arts. I don't manage to make many projects in it, but I love to dream and have tons of pages marked for future projects.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:12 PM

I subscribe to Fons and Porter, American Patchwork and Quilting, Quilt and F&P Easy Quilts. I like them all but I am going to let them run out. There is so much to get free online and you can be selective. I do love to get my magazines out often and browse through them. I keep them in binders and keep a master list of quilts I want to do.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:20 PM

Right now I get Fon's and Porter. Last week I picked up a magazine that had some small projects along with the patterns. I think I'll take a subscription to it. Can't remember the name, but they routine have several small projects-----------this month's are neat. Including a baby bib