Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anybody sewing today >
  • Anybody sewing today

• Anybody sewing today

Old 12-09-2009, 10:57 AM

Actually, we have the AC on, HOT outside - record heat temps almost... so much for sew day in sunny S FL
    Old 12-09-2009, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
    No snow here but high winds and lots of power outages. I did sew for about an hour this morning before I went to work. I've got twisted thread catchers that I'm making for my Civil War Quilt Group for Christmas. The party is Saturday and I have 10 done with 4 more to go. I also worked on strip piecing for four patch blocks for a charity quilt and got started on a snowman apron.
    I have no clue what twisted thread catchers are. Would you post a picture, please? I'd love to see what you are working on.
    Old 12-09-2009, 11:44 AM

It's snowing like crazy here in Maine, no wind yet here but it's on the way. I made 6 potholders from a charm pack, they will make great christmas presents to the DDs. Oh ya I hooked up the snow plow to move all this white stuff. Beef stew is in the crock pot.
    Old 12-09-2009, 11:45 AM

im sewing today!! trying to finish my moms christmas present quilt and a table runner for someone else. it's been so cold here the last few days--below 0 everyday, really sucks i hate the cold weather but i do enjoy staying home and working on quilt projects.
    hope everyone has a great snow day!!
    Old 12-09-2009, 11:56 AM

Today is a new day. I have already gone to Joanns and bought a yard of fabric needed to finish one of the 4 baby quilts I'm doing. I enthusiastically cut all my pieces out and then realized I cut them at 2.5-inch increments and they needed to be 3-inches. :roll: I'll use them in something else. Now the fabric is in the washer and once it is dried I will finish the top for the baby quilt and get it sandwiched. I also have 2 table runners to finish machine quilting & then I'll have 3 Christmas runners that need to be bound. I also need to make a dozen 6-inch blocks for a snowflake block exchange and I need to make a star block for a block challenge I'm involved in. Then I need to get out the supplies and start making the fabric bowls. Once hubby comes home I will move upstairs, where I will continue to put binding on another baby quilt. Whew! I think that's all my plate can handle today. Now we'll see how much of that I actually get done. :?

I guess I should stop playing in here and actually go to my sewing room. :P
    Old 12-09-2009, 12:14 PM

Here in California, we got nine inches of snow on Monday. This is the most we've gotten in many, many years. The power went out and the kids had two snow days. I was so glad when the power went back on (some people here still don't have any) as I am trying to finish Christmas Quilty gifts! :-) Another big storm is expected tomorrow and I'm hoping it's "wet and not frozen". We just aren't used to this...... :hunf:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-17701.jpe  
    Old 12-09-2009, 12:58 PM

No snow but COLD COLD COLD!!! 3P.m. and 26 degrees ... need to get space heaters out of storage for front of house.
    Too cold for my liking
    Old 12-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Hello Everyone! I am new here and fairly new at quilting. I am trying to finish (machine quilt) my first quilt for a christmas present. I have finished several rag quilts and pieced tops, but this is my first attempt at quilting and it is wearing me out, LOL!

Glad to find this site and hope to talk to all of you avid quilters.

Sheila
    Old 12-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Joan, I love the pic with you and your dogs! I'll bet they enjoy the snow. Our lab always was off after the children sledding or trying to 'help' them make a snowman! :lol:

We have a lot of snow and wind today. The roads to my husband's plant are closed, so not only am I home, but so is he. No sewing for me! :roll: Ah, well. There's always tomorrow!
    Old 12-09-2009, 01:51 PM

It's very cold here...too cold to go outside, and DH is out of town on a business trip...so YES I'm sewing away and enjoying every minute of it! :lol: :wink: