Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-06-2011, 04:19 AM

Hi all! For the most part I like the new look of the Board. I like that I can find the categories. I know that there are still items that need to be readdressed. I am looking the 'Pictures' section . Can anyone help? Thank you!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by zelda2 View Post
Hi all! For the most part I like the new look of the Board. I like that I can find the categories. I know that there are still items that need to be readdressed. I am looking the 'Pictures' section . Can anyone help? Thank you!
Mary, if you go to the top of this page and click on "home", you will find "pictures" is the 4th category down. Hope this is what you are looking for.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:49 AM

I was wondering why you couldn't have the most recent pictures posted first in that forum then the later ones afterwards?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:21 AM

The improvements to this site so far are easy to follow, if one of the members is using a new advanced pattern for a quilt they don't complain, well they should just pull up there big girl panties and deal with this not all of us are complaining. You did a good job Patrice.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 AM

I really miss in the am reading the digest and seeing all the pictures of what people have made and done. That was how I always started my day. Also miss the bookmark button . And email notifications don't go to last message read. Other new things are great. Am hanging in there. Thanks for dulling down that white.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:08 AM

Unhappy The new board look...

I don't understand any and all complaining. Life is change; everyday change is happening.
It just takes some getting used to. I thought when I saw the new board for the first time; "I won't ever find my way around--again.. I love the board and all that it does for us too much to think I would lay down and not use the board--ever again. It was a stupid thought on my part.
So, within 10 minutes, I was trying it out. First thing I knew, I had found several features I go to everyday.
Next thing I knew I had found my way around nearly everthing!
It isn't that bad; just go for it! Life is change; this is just another bump in the road.
Thanks Patrice for all you do and all of the help you give to us.
Mariah.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:11 AM

I have learned with living if no one says anything about something they don't like, nothing is going to change. I spent about an hour composing a note to one of the deleted threads...yes, I indicated things I did not like, however, I also indicated what could be done about them quickly. I am very pleased that two of the three things have been done already therefore I feel my effort was well spent.

I don't agree that if I don't like something, I should stay quiet, however I do believe strongly that general statements like "I hate everything", "It is awful" or "I liked the old one" etc do not help anything and only add frustration. Everyone really does have a right to feel the way they feel.

Indicating that there are things we don't like doesn't mean we dislike the work that was done or the people that have done it. I recognize the hard work put into the project (on a very tight timeline) by Patrice and the team and the very Hard work this week coping. Thank you very much for your hard work, (once we have a few scratches on the walls I am sure we will feel comfy in our online home again)

Vicki W

Last edited by Vicki W; 11-06-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:19 AM

Change is always hard for everyone, but I am sure we will all get used to the new format, just takes some time and perserverince (sp?) on everyone's part. I have decided that I will ignore the negative and go forth with the positive and ask questions when need be.

The best analagy that I can come up with is this; My grandmother will turn 100 years old on January 18, 2012, can you imagine all of the changes that she has gone through in her lifetime? Look at the changes that we have gone through in ours!! Computers, cell phones, microwaves! In high school we didn't have computers! Change comes no matter if we are prepared or not, sometimes for the better, sometimes not, but it's always there.

Someone will always complain, not everyone can be kept happy (sadly), but I for 1 am not leaving the board I just consider this another learning experience! It's what life is about right?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:19 AM

Huh!!!!!
What's the big deal. NObody is shooting at ya. It is just a change in life like menapause. Roll with it Baby. Put on some music & dance
Old 11-06-2011, 06:27 AM

It does kind of surprise me so many people are complaining since we as quilters usually enjoy a new challenge. I've had some questions and went to "chat" to ask and got an answer right away. It's a shame so many are choosing to leave the board due to the change. There are a few things I don't like right at this moment but I'd never, ever leave because of it. I've learned soooo much since joining and plan on learning a lot more and fine tuning the things I've just started doing. If there's something you don't understand then start a post with your question because there are many others out there that have the same question.