Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 08:45 PM

Thanks Patrice, and all those who worked on this new software. I appreciate the softer background color. I think that for all of us that are hanging in there and learning our way around this site, things will come together. There were probably things about the old site that some didn't like. I for one appreciate all the work you do, I'm sure it isn't easy to have insults and negative remarks thrown at you. Hang in there!!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Hi Patrice,
Thank you for all you are doing. I was very frustrated when the new board came up. I had little time to be on earlier in the week. Then when the new board come up it was a bit overwhelming. I needed to send a host of a swap a pm and found out that I could not because I had too many messages. Having little time and having dial-up at home(making page loads even slower than before), and having to figure out how to delete messages without losing everything made for a very frustrating 2 days before I could send the pm. I'm getting it figured out slowly
So thank you for all you are doing.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:36 PM

I'd like to express heartfelt thanks to Patrice and all the team for their hard work.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:03 AM

I agree with Patrice whole heartily. I am a webmaster and forum administrator for another group I belong. And as in those roles, I hear all the complaints and very seldom do I get any positive feed back. I have poured countless hours into those projects as the developer, spent many nights without sleep just to hear negative comments when people have not allowed for a learning curve.

Sure, the old board was simple to use just because we were accustom to it. Think of it this way, remember your first car? Not much to it, turn signals, wipers, manual windows, and an AM radio. Now cars have power windows, remote mirrors, park assist, heated seats, cruise control, satellite radio, blue tooth for your iPod, blue tooth for your cell phone and the list goes on. Once you have learned the new tools, you don't want to go back. I know I won't buy a car that doesn't have the options I want.

So, in the mean time, I will continue to figure the new board out. There are a couple of reasons why. First, I have made several friends and that would not have been possiable otherwise. Second, I have learned so much from others on this board. It amazes me, when someone asks a question how quick the responses are to solve the problem. And, all though I don't always respond, I just absolutely love the pictures showcasing ones work.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:01 AM

I would like to say thank you Patrice as well. I am not real good on the computer but I think I have finally figured out how to get to the pages I want to read. So if I was one of those BAD people I am so sorry.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:12 AM

I'm liking the new format and of course it takes a little while to get used to but remember when you first come to any new forum you have to get used to the layout, doesn't take long you just have to play with it for a while. I haven't been a member here very long but thank you for a wonderful site and a lovely quilting community I know I shall be here for many years to come.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:32 AM

I love this Board and I love the changes that have been made. If anyone is having a problem, just ask and we will all try to help. That is the way it has always been on this Board. Thanks so much for all the hard work and dedication to maintain this site for all of us to enjoy.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:02 AM

I will join in and say Thank You, Patrice....it took me awhile to figure out how navigate around, but now seems pretty simple....
Old 11-06-2011, 04:08 AM

I know a lot of effort is put into just keeping the board up and running and I really appreciate the work you all put into it. I might be a little slow but I'm sure I'll learn how to work with the new format.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:13 AM

I will adjust. I think people always resist change. They yell about it at the time, then a few months later they will realize how nice it is. If they would be able to see the old format then, they would realize how much better this is.

I have had such changes in my job, heard the complaints such as this. Now the staff would never want to go back to the old methods.