Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-07-2011, 05:10 PM

Can someone please tell me where to find the "Smileys"? Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 05:12 PM

One more thing: what are these two symbols at the extreme right-side of everyones replies I click on them but nothing happens. Maybe its because I am on dial-up and so slow?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 PM
ns

I keep trying to figure it out.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:40 PM

I just wanted to say, I was really having a lot of trouble logging on, you were very patient with me and i am so happy to be back on board, Thanks so much
Old 11-07-2011, 05:57 PM

It's like getting a new president or senator...not everyone is going to like the person. In time, people accept and things are fine. I appreciate all you do and am very happy to be a member. Yes, there are things I didn't care for at first, but the more I visit the website, the more I get to learn my way around. Thank you for giving us quilters a place to express ourselves, share with one another, encourage, laugh and cry with one another. It's truly great to feel the excitement in others and the pain of getting through a difficult time. Where else can one share these with people you have never met.
I am thankful and appreciate each and every one here on the board!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:26 PM

Patrice,

THANK YOU!!!!! I got logged on last night and am so glad I can finally "use" the page.

As with all "new" things you have to explore, look and READ!

Going much better today for me and I appreciate your helping me so much!

A couple weeks this will all be "old hat"

delma

Last edited by patricej; 11-13-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:38 PM

Red face reply re: complaints

I like to practice the theory always of what my mother used to say OFTEN as I was growing up . (I learned to keep my smart mouth closed more often than not over the years because of remembering this) Be careful of the words you say. Keep them soft and sweet. You never know...but what some day....those words, you'll have to eat.

I don't believe in complaining. It needs replaced to doing things to make everything work better. Complaints never moved a car out of a driveway (My dad came up with that goody). I'm learning to maneurver around in here, and sooner or later...it will come natural and I'll forget how it was before. No complaints on this end from the wordpainter. Thanks all you developers and monators (Spelling?) for all you do to make our days nicer. I appreciate you so much. Vickey S. (SMILING ATCHA)

Last edited by patricej; 11-13-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:47 PM

I want to say the biggest THANK YOU to y'all ever! I fussed, and fumed, and couldn't find stuff - and how to...
and kept on trying, and pestering you, Patrice, and you were kind and patient to me. and....
Guess What? I am finding my way around! and ENJOYING the new board!!!! YaY!!!! Jeannie
Old 11-07-2011, 06:53 PM

All these messages, the majority of which are complaints about the board - Wow!!
Here's a thought, the time you spend complaining about the site could be better spent reading instructions, posting questions to those who may have solved the problem you're having, or simply navigating the site randomly to see what's out there.
I'm 71 years old and as adverse to change as anyone else, but the change has been made - deal with it or find another board. I'm going to hang in because there are good people and much useful information here. I hope others will do the same, if not.....
Old 11-07-2011, 07:07 PM
mim

what is the IGNORE feature?? something that I should have known about?? or is is a joke??