Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-07-2011, 09:02 AM

That is odd. I did giggle when I read that since I am watching a program about Area 51.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 AM

I am always amazed how rude people can be when they are not dealing with someone face-to-face. I worked the front desk of a very large doctor's office and people said unbelievable things to me on the phone that they would not have said to my face (well, most of them!!) Patrice, you and the other moderators have taken the brunt of some people's frustrations - most of which I'm sure are nice people, but have the freedom of anonymity on a board. Most of us appreciate your hard work. Change is never easy, but keeps the grey matter active! I hope you haven't taken the mean comments to heart. A year from now, no one will remember what the fuss was all about! Take care. Linda
Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I think the site is beautiful! I don't understand the complaints...I really don't. It looks so much more like a "quilting board" than it ever did! Thanks.

As for white...I guess most forums and news sites I read have white as the background. That complaint I don't understand at all!
It's really hard for some of us to see the print on a solid white background. There is a glare. Our eyesight isn't what it used to be. I haven't complained. Things do change and I do appreciate the efforts of those who try so hard to make the transition seamless. It won't happen, but they do try. I'm too new to complain. I don't read everything anyway for lack of time. Life is too short to complain or even to respond to it. Thanks to all who are trying to make the community a better place. I only hope that I can be helpful, too.

Last edited by ruthrec; 11-07-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by TexasGurl View Post
TOTALLY AGREE ALSO ... This weekend I showed the new site to my future SIL who works in IT, and even HE had trouble navigating !! He said it was not user friendly, and was not impressed. He also commented about the lack of instruction for bridging users ...
IMHO making honest comments about the site & user problems is NOT "negative" or "nasty" ... it's just being HONEST.
Are we not supposed to express our opinions or ask real questions ??
Is this the "Pollyanna" quilt board now ???
Yes I totally agree with you. If you don't bring the problems to someones attention they will go on thinking all is OK when it isnt really. Its like eating out a restaurant and not telling the manager of the poor service, if you don't speak up they can't correct the problem! Mine right now is that the board is so slow that I get the smeary lines about half the time.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by patdesign View Post
Yes I totally agree with you. If you don't bring the problems to someones attention they will go on thinking all is OK when it isnt really. Its like eating out a restaurant and not telling the manager of the poor service, if you don't speak up they can't correct the problem! Mine right now is that the board is so slow that I get the smeary lines about half the time.
Sometimes it's not WHAT one says, but HOW it's said.

Which would get a better response from you?

Examples: Hon, I really like the blue dress on you better than this one

OR

Why the ^(&(*&( are you wearing that old rag that makes you look like dog poo?

Along with what saying what we don't like, make a suggestion for how it could be improved.

"I hate this thing" may be true - but the dislike needs to be narrowed down to something that can be fixed.

Example: The bright white background hurts my eyes. Would it be possible to get back a soft yellow like we just had?
(It looks like the color has been muted some)

There probably have already been many changes - Three that I'm aware of:

1) the background color seems less glaring
2) the larger default print size of the postings
3) the Quotes have been made smaller - so they are about the same size as the replies
Old 11-07-2011, 02:08 PM

Hi Patrice,
Having not been a member of the quilting board for a short period compared to some of your members, can't say the changes are good or bat. have one question, ehy EVERY TIME i CLICK ON A LINK tHERE COMES UP A POP UP FOR ME TO TAKE SOME SORT OF A SURVEY??????
If you can tell me how to stop this it would be much apreciated?????? maggie
Old 11-07-2011, 02:11 PM

Or How about Will I ever be able to post pictures. Computer was checked and I can post on other boards, It only the QB that I have problems with.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:46 PM

Wanda I thought you had gotten a picture posted?

I don't get any ads or any kind of pop-ups, I think because of my firewall??? I would have to ask my tech guy, in other words my teenager lol
Old 11-07-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
Or How about Will I ever be able to post pictures. Computer was checked and I can post on other boards, It only the QB that I have problems with.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...ml#post4645530

Try this, it worked for me. Print it out and keep it by your computer for reference.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:39 PM

I guess compared to some of you who understand this new procedure and like it, I just must be stupid because I can't find anything on this new way.
Is there some instructions out there that I haven't seen on how to use this new way? Guess it's going to be like the tv, I'll just have to opt out watching a board that I use to look forward to watching ever day.