Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-06-2011, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the reset from mobile. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:21 PM

Lightbulb

A few days past I posted that I would not live long enough to navigate this board--well-I am not dead yet and I can almost navigate it. My bad. I am too quick to look at the negatives--but I am reforming!

Last edited by ione; 11-06-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: left a couple of words
Old 11-06-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Margie View Post
Does anyone know if we are able to adjust this so it is not so wide on our screen? TY
Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
Getting used to new layout, problem I'm having is it's too wide for my screen, I have to move from side to side to read the message. Anything I can do to change that?

Also, miss clicking on the thread and beginning with the orginial posting, now it seems when I click on the thread I get the last reply. May in Jersey
if you will put your cursor anywhere in the middle of the screen, click it to 'get it there'.... now HOLD CTRL and Touch '+' or '-' on your number keypad to enlargen or lessen the size of your layout...it will move a bit at a time.... this is a machine level command and works on most programs... i had to do it here so i know it works here....
Old 11-06-2011, 08:41 PM

I understand being a bit frustrated with the new site. I haven't had time to really try to figure it out yet, and I'm not a big fan of change. But I think I'll be able to eventually figure out how things on the new site relate to what I was used to on the old one. Yes, I miss the old format, because it was familiar and easy. I'll catch on and hope I can offer some grace and mercy to those who have worked hard to try to improve things, just as I hope they offer me some grace and mercy when I mess up and post something wrong! I'm sure we can all help one another. There is a lot of talent represented here, and I sure don't want to miss out on learning from you all.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:46 PM

My only complaint is the gray font. I want darker. Easier on my eyes.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:52 PM

I left NY for Mexico two days after the change took place, and haven't seen the new board since. I like the new softer cream color. I am sure I will like the new board as soon as I have more time to play with it here in Puerto Vallarta. I can't quilt here....so I'll have time to play with the new format. Thanks Patricej for all your time and effort fielding questions and the owners for making a nice new home for us!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:37 PM

Thanks Patrice for all your hard work. So used to other sites changing, especially my ips, that I'm not surprised that the quiltboard got upgraded. It was easy to use but this one is even better - I think it's more logical now and it didn't take long to llearn to navigate it at all. Thanks again.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:10 PM

For whatever reason I wasn't allowed back on the board until 9:10 PM tonight (11-6) so this is day one for me. I am thrilled with what I see and I have been looking forward to all the new changes for days and days. Love every thing I've found so far and I don't find it difficult to get around at all. I think the most important thing to remember is to actually READ everything on the page your on and click all the little buttons to figure out what they do. No worries...if you get lost just go back to HOME at the top of every page. I'm finding all the added little features to be very much a good thing and it will make being here so much more satisfying. Thanks to all who made this happen!! I'm thrilled to be here. Rose L
Old 11-07-2011, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
ha! I laughed at the ignore comment too. Oh, the irony ;-) Hang in there, Patrice. Best regards to all involved. I'm loving the new capabilities as I learn them.
Hang in there Patrice as I send you a HUG ( ) and a SMILE . I am slowly enjoying the new site as I try to navigate the fields.I haven't found the same site twice in a row butI do try something everyday. Again thank you.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:15 AM

Patrice, I want to let you know that I thank all those who have worked tirelessly to bring about a better site. I, too, have been confused, but I am not giving up. I will come to the board each day and take a few minutes to try to locate areas of interest. I won't be able to go to each site BUT... I am not necessarily interested in all sites. It will take time and patience but I hope everyone will give the new site a chance. Oh, do I hate change.... my reason for confusion and resistence. I will stay here, just can't spend all the time I will need to find everything. You know..... it reminds me of when I first found this board. It took me time to find everything. Right now I need to locate all my saved items. Again, thank you.