Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Thoughts from Patrice >
  • Thoughts from Patrice

• Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-10-2011, 03:53 AM

Thanks for your hard work on this site. I would like to make a suggestion. I enjoyed the 'picture' section that was listed in the old format. Could we have one now?? And perhaps I am doing something wrong, but the last three days I had the same items listed as the most interesting, or newest.....
    thank you very much
    Old 11-10-2011, 05:00 AM

I need help with something. Is there a way to just get the newest posts for the partcular day? I have tried What's New and Archive and even when I get to Main the newest posts are not just the day's posts. There are other recent day's posts there too which I have already read. I don't want to have to wade through them. Is this possible?

BTW, THANK YOU for a very valuable New QB. There is a lot to like here. I just need to learn more.

OmaForFour
    Old 11-10-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by thenonnielady
    Thanks for your hard work on this site. I would like to make a suggestion. I enjoyed the 'picture' section that was listed in the old format. Could we have one now?? And perhaps I am doing something wrong, but the last three days I had the same items listed as the most interesting, or newest.....
    thank you very much
    :

I don't know if this is the best way to find the pictures section, but try this: Go to bottom of page and click on archive. Then almost at the very top, you will see "View Full Version: Quilting Board". Click on "Quilting Board" (the part of the line of text that is underlined). Then scroll down to the 4th topic listing. It will be "Pictures" click on that and it will take you to the pictures topic. Good luck.
    Old 11-10-2011, 06:15 AM

I too have been frustrated by the changes in the board but as I have tried to become familiar with it and continue to use it I have found that changes are good and that we just need to be patient as we try to learn all it has to offer. I appreciate all of the people behind the scenes that are trying to make it easier for us. Thanks again.
    Old 11-10-2011, 06:17 AM
    Administrator

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
    Is there a way to just get the newest posts for the partcular day?
    Experiment with "Recent Topics" and "What's New". If, under "What's New", you click on "Mark Forums Read" it wipes the list clean for a fresh start. Whenenever you go back to "What's New" the list will show what you haven't looked at since you "cleared the table".
    Old 11-10-2011, 06:21 AM

Thanks PatriceJ, for all the good work that you are doing to make this quilting board better, I haven't so far had any problems with this new board. I still haven't had time to check out everything yet, but so far it seems to be much better than before, its more like a quilting site instead of something else. Keep up the good work.
    Old 11-10-2011, 07:00 AM

This background is easy to read, & I am still learning my way around the new format.
    Old 11-10-2011, 07:12 AM

I had trouble at first with the board but I put it down to my inexperience and inflexibility with computers. I was, however, determined not to lose my favorite quilting site and got on late at night to "mess with it." Lucky me, because I was able to find my way around and now find it for the most part user friendly. Keep up the good work. Most of us are appreciative of what you do and the rest of us will leave.
    Old 11-10-2011, 07:31 AM

Well lately topic have changed color when read and now today they don't? I really hope you bring that eature back.
    Old 11-10-2011, 07:35 AM

I see what is happening now. They go to the top and do change colors, but that doesn't help as much because now I have sort through the ones that I have already decided I don't want to read.