Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-09-2011, 06:51 PM

Well, at last I have found a place to ask "what the H...."? I can't find a thing. I posted a new thread a couple of days ago, cannot find it for the life of me. I don't mind the new look, I do mind not being able to figure out where to look. There's a new meaning to LOST IN CYBERSPACE.
PS, this is one of the biggest reasons I don't go to Missouri quilt site. Can't find a thing TWICE.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:52 PM

Smile

Thanks for the color change. It is much easier of the eyes than the stark white. As I stumble through all of the new changes, I keep reminding myself that leaning new things helps stave of senility. I hope that's true. I am learning things all the time. I like the way everyone who finds some new way to do things on here, will help the rest of us reading that thread just how to do the things. What I really need is a thread that is titled 'THE QUILTING BOARD AND HOW TO GET AROUND ON IT FOR DUMMIES AND OLD FOLKS'. It needs to be the first topic one can go to. If anyone starts one and tells me how to do all of the little things and what the different things mean, please let me know. In the meantime, I'll just stumble along at my own slow speed trying the new things out as I figure out how to do them.
Janis
Old 11-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by gingerella View Post
Well, at last I have found a place to ask "what the H...."? I can't find a thing. I posted a new thread a couple of days ago, cannot find it for the life of me. I don't mind the new look, I do mind not being able to figure out where to look. There's a new meaning to LOST IN CYBERSPACE.
PS, this is one of the biggest reasons I don't go to Missouri quilt site. Can't find a thing TWICE.
Go home, find your screen name at top of page, next to Welcome. Click your name and on left sides you will see Find latest posts under your name. Hope this helps.

Chris
Old 11-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nursie76 View Post
Click on settings on the very top right of the page, then look over to the categories on the left. About 1/2 way down, is the heading "My Account". Under that is a topic "General Settings. If you click on that, it brings up all the options. Again, about half way down the page is "Messaging & Notification" under that look at the drop down box to the right of "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" You want to have that set at "Instantly, by email". Once that is done, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on "save changes". You will then get notices when someone posts to a topic you started or have commented on. This notice says that a new post has be made, and adds a blurb of what was said.. However, it also states that there may be more posts, so it is always a good idea to click on the link and go to the post. I will/should take you to where you last read on that topic.
Thanks Nursie76! Very helpful. I'm working hard to learn my way around the new board format, but, I think it will come in time. I'm surely not quitting!!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:52 PM

Stitchnripper - glad I could help. I haven't figured everything out yet, but have discovered a few things....and will continue to learn...slowly. LOL
Old 11-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for all the hard work everyone is doing to make the board better for all of us. Change is hard and for someone like me who doesn't know much about computers it is not easy. But it will get better and easier. Thanks for the board, I would be lost without it.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 PM

Well, I just wanted to add my 'hang in there's' to you Patrice and everyone else. I really like and enjoy this board too much to give it up. It has helped me in so many ways. I admit it may take me 6 months to get the hang of it, so I am going to have patience along with others and figure out what I can and when things get smoothed out in a few months (?), I will ask for help unless I find a help forum in my trial and error ways. Just more new stuff to learn to keep my brain going...and it may be a long winter. :-)
Old 11-09-2011, 11:20 PM

We as a community don't always look beyond the letters on our keyboard to see whats going on around us. I look on improvements as a way for me to pay better attention to whats in front of me. I'm sorry that people are not willing to just wait and watch to see if they can handle the changes, I really don't care for change, but in today's world, what else can we expect, I am learning to negotiate the New Board, and I hope that other people learn to give it a chance too, Thank you for all of your hard work to make our lives, if not easier, a little more interesting.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:38 AM

You can find things under my profile or settings the tabs are at the top of this page...

Originally Posted by gingerella View Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:41 AM

press CTRL and - together on your keyboardit will reduce the size of the screen