Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-10-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Thanks for the color change. It is much easier of the eyes than the stark white. As I stumble through all of the new changes, I keep reminding myself that leaning new things helps stave of senility. I hope that's true. I am learning things all the time. I like the way everyone who finds some new way to do things on here, will help the rest of us reading that thread just how to do the things. What I really need is a thread that is titled 'THE QUILTING BOARD AND HOW TO GET AROUND ON IT FOR DUMMIES AND OLD FOLKS'. It needs to be the first topic one can go to. If anyone starts one and tells me how to do all of the little things and what the different things mean, please let me know. In the meantime, I'll just stumble along at my own slow speed trying the new things out as I figure out how to do them.
Janis
Yes Janis. I consider myself rather computer literate but had a hard time at first. And I know that there are a lot of other senior members of the QB that have not had much computer experience. Perhaps an initial message from the QB managers detailing some of the biggest changes such as posting photos and messages would have made the transition easier. As long as we keep posting our "constructive" comments I am sure that the "powers that be" will listen to us.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:07 AM

I mourn the loss of the old web site .My brain just needs simplicity. My life does not allow for spending unlimited time to learn a new web site.Physically and emotionally I must pace myself.I am aware of the foibles of the geriatric age group. and I was never going to be there but i am and I am insulted by so many of the comments that just say change is good.When I person had to be moved from one nursing home to another the death rate went up dramatically.Change does not effect us all the same way .You all do not walk in my shoes and those who find the new site more of a challenge than they can comfortably do.IT was an awesome site.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:32 AM

I am not computer savvy, and even though I have been trying, I still can't figure out many things. For example, how can you send a PM; how can you change your font color etc for your posts; where is 'recent topics" and 'what's new'? These are just a few of the questions I have and haven't been able to figure out, even though I have spent hours trying to. Guess I'm too old to take change gracefully!
Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by grammy of 6 View Post
I am not computer savvy, and even though I have been trying, I still can't figure out many things. For example, how can you send a PM; how can you change your font color etc for your posts; where is 'recent topics" and 'what's new'? These are just a few of the questions I have and haven't been able to figure out, even though I have spent hours trying to. Guess I'm too old to take change gracefully!
Heym Grammy! Haven't talked to you in a while. Here goes as best as I know how. You PM just like before, simply click on the pic or name of the person you want to PM and some choices come up, one is to send a PM. "What's New" is our old "Unread Topics". But once you have read it, it doesn't disappear as the old one did. f you want to change font, etc. simply choose "Go Advanced" next to the "Post Quick Reply". You can make some permanent changes by going up to the top to "My Settings". Once you find all this stuff it is really pretty easy. You just have to explore; takes time, I know. I am slowly getting there. If I can do it, you can do it. Just hang in there!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 12:40 PM

I believe in 'constructive criticism' - one never knows where ideas will come. Always have an open ear and we learn.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:12 PM

I have been taking my time learning the new "ropes" here. I have been through system changes and updates at the day job, so the level of upset over the changes was not new or unexpected by me.

I like this "new" board. It is visually appealing and the more I am on it, the more new improved features I discover.

I am so sorry for the heat that was dished at you. I appreciate it, and I remember that this is a free board.

Thanks so much for all you do!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:36 PM

wow, I like the way you have re-oraganized this site! Things are much easier to find this way! Thank you!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:30 PM

Can someone explain to me how to post pictures. Can't figure it out???
Old 11-10-2011, 02:55 PM

Here are some links about posting pics
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/h...res-b8029.html
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/h...ere-b3600.html
Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM

Thanks Grann of 6, but when I click on the name or picture of someone I want to PM, that persons profile comes up, and there is no place there where I can PM.