Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" >

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

Old 04-10-2015, 04:42 PM

I have 4 more packages need to arrive to sewbizgirl by April 19th to be considered on time...
so you know who you are PLEASE make sure you have them in the mail now!

Barb

Old 04-10-2015, 06:19 PM

Happy birthday showbizgirl. I hope you had a great birthday yesterday. I usually like to celebrate the whole month. So in my opinion, you have 20 more days to celebrate. Enjoy your candy!!!!
Old 04-11-2015, 05:12 AM

Ouch! Sorry Sewbizgirl - I really did mail your candy - on the 3rd I'll check back and see if it comes today.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Daisy Dew View Post
Ouch! Sorry Sewbizgirl - I really did mail your candy - on the 3rd I'll check back and see if it comes today.
I'm away visiting my kids this weekend but will let you know Sunday night when I get home.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Daisy Dew View Post
ditto this! I mailed on the 3rd also and I am surprised it hasn't shown up. Maybe mail travels slower on the North to South route.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:57 AM

Hello Ladies

Please reread ALL of the directions on the first posting for this swap. Everyone is suppose to send out 50 ALL DIFFERENT SQUARES...NO DUPICATES to each person in the swap. PLEASE follow these directions.

Barb
Old 04-11-2015, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the complements on my pillows and banners.

Dottie Dodge...the easter egg pillow is 20 x 20 size. I did not put the top in a hoop. I think that using the buttons made it lay flat. I mostly used the buttons without the shank on the back. It was hard to put the shank ones on. But I did like how it gives it a textured look with the shank. (hope that made sense) .

I also made a heart for valentines day and a shamrock for st pats. someday I will get those pictures posted too.

Next I am going to make one for 4th of July. The pillow is just a cover that I purchased at IKEA for 4.99. and the pillow inside is also Ikea for 2.99. easy and cheap!

Barb

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
sewbizgirl---birthday charms went out in today's mail. Hope you can hold out until your birthday! Aren't those envelopes screaming at you? LOL OPEN ME!!!! OPEN ME!!!

Barbara---that egg pillow is just too cute! How large is the pillow and did you put the top in a hoop to keep the egg so flat? I have jars and jars of buttons. I'll have the grands sort thru them for me. They always like to look thru my buttons. What is it about buttons that kids can't resist? I like the pillows you made from your dads shirts too. That is a very good idea and everyone should love hugging their pillow! And your birthday banner will be a great addition to any party.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:37 PM

Janice I love the star that you made. I think it would be a lovely pillow! (I have pillows not the mind)

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Checking in, complete with pix. Here's my current project using 2 1/2" candy squares.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516203[/ATTACH]

Some of the squares are cut from my scraps but the majority are ones I received from various swaps including last year's birthday candy square swap. This is jclinganrey's Scrappy Swoon Along on the challenge board. Others are making their blocks bigger but it was a no-brainer to use my already cut squares. I've completed Part 2 of the swap except that I haven't stitched my half-blue, half-cream'ish squares together to make the points of the star. As i'll have to make quite a few more of these, I'll probably do all the stitching together later to make sure I distribute the various blues evenly. Anyway, some of you may recognize your little pieces of fabric in the star!
Old 04-11-2015, 07:39 PM

Happy you like your prize SheriR.

I will be posting the next contest tonight......so stay tuned!

Barb
Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
I got my mail today and found the coolest prize! Thanks Barb! And....ya...I need another one or two or three would make a nice set.... Can't wait for our next contest.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:09 PM

CONTEST TIME***************

Sewbizgirl celebrates her birthday on April 9th along with other "famous" people. Figure out who they are....

1) She was Rudy Huxtable on TV show "The Cosby Show."

2) She took 2nd place in 2010 "America's Got Talent", when she was only 10 years old!

3) This guy is the founder of "Playboy" and he marries his wives YOUNG.

4) She played Miranda on "Sex in the City".

5) She played Olivia (the mom) on the TV show "The Walton's".

so........ Pm me with your answers. I will pick a winner and post it here on. Contest ends 12:05am Monday April 13.

OKay ...good luck

Barb