Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The  FWS 30's Quilt-Along   Week 8   Block #15 Blossom &  Block #16 Bonnie >

The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 8 Block #15 Blossom & Block #16 Bonnie

The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 8 Block #15 Blossom & Block #16 Bonnie

Old 09-24-2015, 03:42 PM

Yes, I am getting the hang of it.. are you saying my blocks didn't show?
Old 09-24-2015, 05:05 PM

No, they showed fine, I passed them up too quick..
Old 09-26-2015, 02:25 PM

Just got back from four days at the beach. So beautiful! Cannot believe how warm the ocean is!

Here are my blocks for this week:
Attached Thumbnails img_0317.jpg  
Old 09-26-2015, 03:40 PM

Great job, JeanieG. Love more 'eye' candy to brighten up my day.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

The reds you are all showing are such a clear red and pair so well with your blues, greens and aquas
Old 09-26-2015, 04:29 PM

Pretty blocks Jeanie,,,I can't believe you went in the ocean! What about all the sharks? They love quilters you know

I won't go in the ocean past my knees..even then that's too deep.. All the shark attacks in NC made me stay away from the beach , 2 of them were only a mile away from our beach..

I don't know where this week has gone to.. I started choosing fabric for next week's blocks several days ago and just started cutting today.. I've been distracted all week.

We're leaving Tuesday morning to go to Bird in Hand, Pa for 4 days, 3 nights.. We're staying at a Mennonite Guest house.. I'm tired of the hotels/motels and their crazy $$$$ pricing.. it's like a modern Boarding house.. private rooms and a Kitchen, dining room & living room with all the conveniences...more cozy too! The last time I was in that area was about 5 yrs ago.. I love to go there for a visit..we're long overdue... Back to my cutting..I have to get these blocks done...grrrrr!

Last edited by Honchey; 09-26-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:06 PM

Love that area, try to get there as much as possible, esp Sight and Sounds, great places to eat, I also like to get fresh baked items from a local Amish farm stand, best home made rootbeer and whoopie pies, I don't think it has a name, but its right down past the Steamboat hotel on the right hand side, lol, in Lancaster, This past early summer I googled covered bridges and I found a few road trails that took us to multiple bridges, some usable and some to old to use.

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
Pretty blocks Jeanie,,,I can't believe you went in the ocean! What about all the sharks? They love quilters you know

I won't go in the ocean past my knees..even then that's too deep.. All the shark attacks in NC made me stay away from the beach , 2 of them were only a mile away from our beach..

I don't know where this week has gone to.. I started choosing fabric for next week's blocks several days ago and just started cutting today.. I've been distracted all week.

We're leaving Tuesday morning to go to Bird in Hand, Pa for 4 days, 3 nights.. We're staying at a Mennonite Guest house.. I'm tired of the hotels/motels and their crazy $$$$ pricing.. it's like a modern Boarding house.. private rooms and a Kitchen, dining room & living room with all the conveniences...more cozy too! The last time I was in that area was about 5 yrs ago.. I love to go there for a visit..we're long overdue... Back to my cutting..I have to get these blocks done...grrrrr!
Old 09-26-2015, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
The reds you are all showing are such a clear red and pair so well with your blues, greens and aquas
I used my Bella Solids color chart to match up the red with some of my prints. It is Bella Solid "Christmas Red". Love my color chart!
Old 09-26-2015, 06:15 PM

Anne - I just waded in the water. The dolphins swimming along the beach going back and forth were awesome to watch. One pod had 7 dolphins in it. I would not be seen in a swim suit, but there were sure a lot of people a lot bigger than I am in one. I'm just too old to wear a swim suit!!! I actually have a couple in the motorhome! The elastic is probably gone from the heat that it gets inside when not in use.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:54 AM

Beautiful blocks Jeanie....