Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 6 Blocks 11 Bea & 12 Becky

The FWS 30's Quilt-Along Week 6 Blocks 11 Bea & 12 Becky

Yes Ladies, I know it's not Tuesday.. I am going to Pinehurst, NC tomorrow with two of my neighbors visiting a couple of quilt shops in that area.. We're leaving very early in the a.m. and it's a 2 hour seven minute drive so I decided to post the new thread tonight..

Here are my two blocks, I'm very disappointed with # 12 Becky.. from the very beginning
    I couldn't get the colors right and I see now that the rose is too dark..it didn't pick up the dark pink edges of the flowers in the pink print. I found a lighter pink solid that I didn't realize I had.. so I'll be changing it ...

I'm hoping to see a bunch of eye candy when I get home tomorrow evening...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Woo hoo! On time this week!!!!! I didn't want Bea to look like a basket, so I attempted to fade light to dark, but I'm not sure I like it at all. Becky I'm rather proud of.

Name:  Bea.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  570.4 KB Name:  Becky.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  418.7 KB
    Jenny B

Of course at my age, I am thinking Aunt Bea of Mayberry. Sigh. the good ole days! LOL!Name:  1-DSCN0238.JPG
Views: 675
Size:  100.7 KB
    Name:  1-DSCN0239.JPG
Views: 672
Size:  90.6 KBEnjoy today...have a good one.

Jenny, you should be proud of Becky. I'm loving all the fussy cutting everyone's doing. I'm going to have to do a little shopping for more fabrics. And, Honchy, I struggled with the colors for Becky, too. I think I'm going to stop trying to match the colors used in the book for all the blocks. Here are mine. The new editing program for pictures that came with Windows 10 doesn't have a resizing option, so I guess I'm going to have to go back to taking pictures with my camera instead of scanning the blocks on my computer.

Blog Entries
    I like all the blocks so far, very pretty colors. I also have been having computer problems, but I'm delaying updating to # 10. Don't need any more problems. Here are mine for this week.
    Name:  quilt pics 002.JPG
Views: 712
Size:  1.19 MBName:  quilt pics 002.JPG
Views: 712
Size:  1.19 MBName:  quilt pics 003.JPG
Views: 662
Size:  1.33 MB
    I seem to be having problems, I did edit pictures but it doesn't show up. Sorry for the double picture of Bea.
    Last edited by grannyQ; 09-08-2015 at 09:47 AM. Reason: too many pictures
    GrannyQ

Great looking blocks so far, can't wait to see what everyone does each week! Will take a photo and get them on here in a little while.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hi QNS, would you mind posting a little bit on how you did your y seam for Belle? Working on Belle tonight and stuck on putting together the 4 sections.

Great blocks so far! I didn't make these two but do have next weeks done...

Blog Entries
    So nice to see the new blocks..as I don't have the book, it's always a pleasant surprise to see them and to see how you all interpret them...

I am surprised at Becky...that block seems to fit in Tula Pink's Cityscape sampler rather than this one...just saying...night
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Huskyquilter, will try posting as soon as I can today. Have pictures ready to post, but my kittens all need to be fed, so will post later.

HuskyQuiller, block 13 is not on the current agenda, therefore, may I respectfully direct you to the pony discussion section of QB http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...6507-1155.html top of the page were I did post them since it was not the right time to post them here. Notice the 'notches' from the seam out where you must stop at the dot of intersecting seams and change direction...the whole hint on 'Y' seams. PM me if you have any questions. (Private Message, click on my picture for that direction)

Oops, sorry for jumping the gun. Thanks for the link. I'll try tonight after work and let you know how it goes.
    Jenny B

Nice work! Will there be another group starting someday?

Ladydukes, we're only 6 weeks into this project that will take about 50 weeks. Join us at the week we're currently working on and catch up on the previous blocks on your own. This is a very helpful group--we offer suggestions to help each other with any block or problem . You would be very welcome.

Another great week of blocks, ladies. Here are mine for this week:Name:  11 & 12.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  415.7 KB
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

Yes Ladydukes, like Jan says you are very welcome to join us. These are only 6" blocks and some of them are very easy - see Becky above, only a few seams. You would have to purchase the book though.
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

LOvely blocks ladies, I haven't started mine yet but will shortly....

A small comment here. Some of the blocks don't make a lick of sense to me lol....for instance Becky. In block base it's called Becky's new patch. To me it's not a block in it's entirety. It needs a whole lot of Beckies to make sense. I would definitely use that block for a scrap quilt tho. Just saying, I might substitute something else that looks more like a Becky lol.

ladydukes, there's no time like the present! Please join and add pictures of your blocks for us to see. :-) The more in the group, the merrier! Anyone with the appitude for drafting patterns could create them from our pictures, but it's very handy to purchase the book, because there is a CD in it with the pattern info in templates, or paper piecing, or rotary cutting. Also, it's very quaint and interesting to read the letters that author Laurie Hird has reproduced from the Farmer's Wife publication.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...n=new&qid=&sr=

Rosy? Could you post a little picture of how Becky is set? I'm curious how several of them look together.

Here's my Becky. She went to the Beauty Parlour and got a new hair-do. She left home a brunette and came back a third blonde, a third red head, and a third punked out. The kiddos didn't recognize her. She said, "My darlings, it is I, your dear Mama!" Then at last they realized who she was by her dear familar voice and were just amazed at her transfomation.

Givio, love your little story with the Beauty Parlor block

Jan, I wish I had seen your Becky before I did mine.. She is Outstanding..Love it!!

Talk about a makeover! I love it! (Maybe she really went to a plastic surgeon.)

Quote Originally Posted by givio View Post
    Rosy? Could you post a little picture of how Becky is set? I'm curious how several of them look together.
    There you go

Here's my Becky, I changed the lines a bit in EQ and use some African prints to crazy her up lol.

My Becky is going a different direction. When I put the block together, I noticed that the flowers were growing the wrong way (LOL), so I turned the block a different direction. No one will know it is "wrong"?? if they don't know!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast