Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-08-2012, 06:41 PM

Nice packages!
Mine will go out tomorrow or Friday. One more thing to pick up. chocolate. a traditional chocolate.

K- went to one of the JoAnn's here, looked for the material on both the red tag section and the regular area just in case they hadn't moved it to RT. But sorry none at that one. I can try to look at the one I normally go to in the next day or two.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:12 PM

Very nice package. You scored big time!
Krystyna, your veils are great, are they.. wedding veils? for church purposes? What great scarfs that would make.. I never checked out fabric like that before as I can't figure how you would sew the edges down.. I have a goes forward and backward machine. Nothing fancy. Clues would be lovely.

new hospitals, wonderful wonderful and well, rather not step foot in another one for a REAL LONG TIME. 90 plus days this year .. like a good for you prison.. no more! Stanford is building a new one. Did anyone know they have so many benefactors? one donated enough to keep the 'gardens' kid you not planted with new seasonal flowers every three months.. and they are GORGEOUS.. truly nice things to look at when your stuck in a bed or chair. Their easter flowers are truly a rival for Sunset Gardens Magazine. They have a great spring garden to tour if your ever in the bay area. (brought to you by your Northern California Tour Guide.. me!)
Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 PM

Off Topic:
Are any board members in or around London?
Found out a local girl on the USA diving team is daughter of a friend (or acquaintance as it has been a few years since we bumped into each other).
Katie Bell's mother was in a mothers group with me when she had Katie's older sister who is the same age as one of my daughters.
So is it possible for anyone to get souvenir pins there? If so could I get someone to get me a diving pin? I would like do an exchange. Please pm me if you would be willing to do an exchange.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I vote for Slenderella
Ohhhh I like slinderella too, just might have to do that! Thanks for the encouragement ladies!!! I need it!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
the mother board on my home computer called it quits - no hope for repair; after eight years I say good riddance I'm only sorry I didn't have all my files (photos, music and reciepts) saved to a flash drive.
Get someone to remove the harddrive and pull the files off. It's still useable if your motherboard is really what's fried.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:58 PM

Default Hello

I just wanted to show you all a picture that was just taken of the three kids
Attached Thumbnails scan0009.jpg  
Old 08-09-2012, 12:30 AM

Juli that is a great picture.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:26 AM

Boy am I having a hard time getting back in the swing of things since getting back from vacation.................I've got to get a move on with my secret pal packages.................

Nothing slow about hikingquilter getting her secret pal package out in the mail .......... I received it yesterday...........what a nice package it was.........I'd post a picture but my camera is not cooperating...............I received an nice red oriental fabic pouch.......so prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...............I also got lots of I spy squares............yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......... ....a book called Homecoming.........a photo frame......udder cream.......mini lint roller.........a garden pad and a garden journal..................then on top of that she sent my boy Dylan some Friskies Party Mix...........meowyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks Karen for all the goodies.........................
Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
Krystyna, if they have the veil material here, do you want a specific amount or should I just buy out the bolt (hopefully with a 40% coupon)?

I am going to head up there tomorrow - it's been almost 36 hours since I was there last... if I don't go soon, they may forget who I am.
I'll take every last scrap of it if they have any. The fabric is silk organza and has a sort of circular cherry blossom pattern with a sprinkling of sequins. Here is the page in my storefront with more photos. And Sharon Anne, here are some of the other veils I make. Thanks for helping in the hunt!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 AM

Good morning everyone. Caught up on the posts...K I"ll check our local Joann's we have 3 close to me for that fabric. For some reason I know I've seen it somewhere...Great packages coming in all...I don't know if my SP received hers since I haven't checked the tracking on it but it should be there by today (I mailed it on Monday). Everyone have a great day and if you're facing the extreme heat like I am, stay hydrated and cool!