Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Goals for 2019? >

Quilting Goals for 2019?

Quilting Goals for 2019?

Old 12-28-2018, 05:03 AM

My goals include decreasing the number of UFO's and WIPs. I currently have 20. Finish 2 of the 4 EPP Quilts i have in progress. Try Paper piecing, make a string quilt, make a mostly green quilt from the scrap bin. Maybe try a scalloped border. That should do it for this year.
Old 12-28-2018, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
My list is shorter...I'd like to learn how to make a scalloped border and I have one coming up as I work on the Hearts and Apron Strings quilt. You can see it by clicking here

I'm working on the T squares now, but some time in January I'll have the border finished and will be learning how to do curved binding. I'm sure I'll add to my goal as the year goes on.
Did you see Tartan's post about scalloped borders a couple of days ago? Very clear. The pleat is the trick sor the scalloped border. It's not as difficult as you think. Just go slow. :-)
Old 12-28-2018, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

I would like to get better at FMQ.
I want to use up my vast hoard of scrap squares and strips.
I want to quilt primarily from my stash.

With two new granddaughters arriving in Feb and April, the focus will be on them. So probably less quilts will be made, and more tiny outfits!
Old 12-28-2018, 06:16 AM

My goal is also ti finish my UFOs. I have 8 and most just need the backing pieced and then quilted. A couple I think I may send out to have professionally done. I Think I can get that done in a year.......
I think the only think I may need to buy this year is some battings.
And then I'm going to try to go back to starting a project and seeing it through till the end. For me it seems so less disorganized.
Old 12-28-2018, 06:17 AM

I am a Handi Quilter educator and run two machines with Pro Stitchers. Let me know if I can help you. I love the idea about unsubscribing from sites that are very tempting! Good luck!

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
Not resolutions, as we all know what road that leads to, but what are your goals?

1: I have unsubscribed from all online fabric shops, they don’t help my wallet and I have more fabric than I will ever use, my goal is to use what I have and not add to the hoard.

2: Master Prosticher for my longarm and use it! It intimidates me and I don’t know why, but I shall overcome this fear.

3: EQ8, learn to use this as well, I don’t know why tech stuff leaves me so squeamish, but this too I shall either use it or lose it.

4: Curved piecing, I have made a few blocks over the years, but the result was not to my standards so I will accomplish this!

5: Paperpieicing, I have tried this a few times and I did like the results, and would like to do an entire quilt.

6: Use my favorite fabrics, better me than someone else, that’s why I bought it!

What would you like to accomplish in 2019?
Old 12-28-2018, 06:59 AM

My goal is to make 30 quilts for Advent baskets for the church for 2019. In 2018 I made 30 pillowcases for them.
I've already started on the quilts and have 6 or 7 made. This will be a really good way to use my stash.
The only thing that will slow me down is all the work I need to do on the house.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:10 AM

Barb2018, consider joining the UFO challenge on this board to help encourage you to complete those UFOs. A new thread for 2019 should start soon. People encourage each other to work on those pesky UFOs & cheer the finishes. Look in the Challenges section for that particular one.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]605890[/ATTACH]
I really like how you have broken your plans for 2019 into categories, namely "UFO's", Projects, Goals, and Finishes. Each category has very specific tasks/items. (Assume the Finishes is empty at the start of the year). I am guilty of making vague goals which get ignored or forgotten because something else is more interesting or necessary. And every year, my UFO pile grows - mainly because I get stalled at the quilting stage.

My plans for 2019 are:
UFO's - want to complete 6 UFOs (I haven't decided to name specific ones or call them UFO1, UFO2, etc.)
Projects - baby gift, gift for Mom, unplanned project, something for me
Goals - Use Big Stitch quilting, straight line quilting, circular quilting techniques.
Rewards - When Finished list has four items, add one item to any category.
When UFOs list has emptied, add another 3 UFOs and add one item to another category.

This might work for me. Thanks for the motivation.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:41 AM

I would love to participate in either a mug rug or postcard swap on this forum.
I’ve keep reading the posts but haven’t plucked up the courage to enter.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:23 AM

I don't have many quilting/sewing goals but the first one on my list is my most important one:

1. Finish the California King quilt that I started many years ago. This one is for our bed & I'm determined to finish it in 2019.

2. Don't wait until the last minute to complete the children's medical face masks that I send out every 2 months.

3. Take a paper piecing class & try to learn pp'ing from a professional instead of trying to learn on my own.

4. Practice ruler work.