Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Goals for 2019? >

Quilting Goals for 2019?

Quilting Goals for 2019?

Old 12-28-2018, 11:50 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

The list of individual UFO’s is all ready for 2019, including goal end dates. There are 13; seven here and 5 in NC.

There are also some new projects: Bali Wedding Star, the BH mystery, another Frank Lloyd Wright quilt, a Jack’s Chain, Boxes of Strings and some smaller wall hanging. Previous owners left a hole in the wall when the wall AC unit was removed, and screwed an ugly picture over it. I just hang quilts over the ugly picture. One new project for every 3 UFO’s completed. Considering the complexity of some of the planned new projects, 2 might make it in 2019.

Learn how to use my rulers.

Keep up the fabric moratorium. Batting and backings are allowed.

Also, make new sheers and valences for the living room, valences for the hallway and bedrooms, and blackout curtains for the bedrooms. We got new windows and they deserve new window treatments.

And lay a new kitchen floor.

And clean, etch, stain and seal the patio.

Last edited by Krisb; 12-28-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

I want to start doing some smaller projects. I have plenty of large lap quilts to keep Jim and me warm. I want to do wall hangings.

Also, I think I have enough fabric. I want to spend money on other things.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:03 AM

I have a storage box with 6 or 7 tops which I made that need to be quilted by check (not going to wrestle full size quilts through my domestic machine) but first have to have backing chosen and prepared. Another top (made by my beloved cousin, now deceased, and given to me by her children) needs borders and to be quilted; I'll then give it to her daughter. Two other tops, also given to me years ago by an older relative (my mother's cousin) before I began quiltmaking myself, need to be quilted.

Then, and only then, can I allow myself to piece new tops....which is what I really want to do in 2019!
Old 12-29-2018, 07:47 AM

You have all given me a lot to think about. A good friend died in May and soon after that my quilt shop closed down so the owners could retire. It has really slowed me down in my quilting.
1 clean my work room and organize. I bought a lot of fabric when the shop closed down
2. Start working in Wip. I have 3 wedding quilts over due.
3. Get back to hand quilting.
4. Work on getting my lap quilts machine quilted using the rulers I have bought.
5 try to work on one thing at a time.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:55 AM

My list for 2019:
7 twin sized quilts for immediate family and a dear friend
1 quilt (size unknown) for me made of my late husband’s shirts
New clothes for me

My world has changed drastically due to the events of the last 4.5 years. But I feel I’m getting back on my feet now. This many quilts is a big stretch since I only made ONE baby quilt in 2018. I have so much fabric on hand that I started buying on sale several years for “someday”. Well, that someday is here and it is time I got something done instead of just daydreaming about it! Thanks for starting this thread!

Last edited by Novice.for.now; 12-29-2018 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something. All the patterns I’m planning are simple patterns. I’m not attempting the complex patterns.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:30 PM

Finish sh...tuff before getting sucked into starting something new. That's the big one. One guild I belong to, is having a show at the end of 2019. I need to volunteer to LA some more charity quilts so that I get better at it and then can rent the LA to quilt my own for the show--and maybe even to put into some local fairs over the summer. I have too many very nice kits that need to be made or sold or repurposed. I need to go thru them and make some decisions. I need some 35 hour days.....
Old 12-30-2018, 05:21 PM

This is my resolution every year! No success yet!
Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post

I hereby promise not to buy any (not one inch) of fabric all year! I have SABLE ... Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy many life times over.
Old 12-30-2018, 05:31 PM

I want to sort and purge my fabric as I am out of room to store it and I know some I have are not the quality I would like. Those can be passed on to the thrift store for reuse.
I want to make at least 12 kids quilts for donation.
Continue using up scraps!
Use up some orphan blocks.
Finish at least 5 UFOs.
Old 12-30-2018, 05:52 PM

Tackle my scraps!!! Sort by color if nothing else, then go back and try a size system for each color. Actually make a "scrap" quilt!! I have a 8 by 10 ft shed that is half full of scraps!!
Old 12-30-2018, 07:12 PM

Goals for 2019.
1. Buy fabric only for quilt backs, but first try to piece if possible.
2. Quilts for three charity auctions.
3. Complete at least two UFOs each month. I have many of them written down on a list and put them in order of completion.
4. Spend time sewing with ten-year-old granddaughter. She wants to make adult size quilt this year.