OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 11-04-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by valsma View Post
I guess I will ask what you mean by local?
"Local" is when someone hosts a get-together at their home - most have been on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for a few hours. Like the retreats, there's always plenty to eat, great show-and-tell, and lots of visiting and laughter. Anyone who can come is always welcome no matter if they live close by or farther away. We always have a great time.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:23 PM

Alice, I think May would be better for me!

Jen, I'm willing to host January as well.

Not liking the new site because I'm not a blogger and that's what this feels like! I suppose I'll get used to it but don't want to take time away from quilting to do it!

Told my hubby I needed to finish the quilt so began working on it in earnest last night! Not sure how to get Christmas done too!...
Old 11-04-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie View Post
"Local" is when someone hosts a get-together at their home - most have been on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for a few hours. Like the retreats, there's always plenty to eat, great show-and-tell, and lots of visiting and laughter. Anyone who can come is always welcome no matter if they live close by or farther away. We always have a great time.
I was really thinking along the lines of location where they lived, not what local meant, but thank you for that .
Old 11-04-2011, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by valsma View Post
I was really thinking along the lines of location where they lived, not what local meant, but thank you for that .
Sorry, I think I misunderstood. The local get-togethers have varied in location based on who offers to host. Since Jan. '09, they've been held in Beaverton, Banks, Salem, Lebanon, and maybe a few others that I'm not remembering (it's getting kind of late tonight).
Old 11-06-2011, 12:01 PM

OMG I finally found you'all! This new site is requiring more than I am willing to give in time right now, however, it will probably be great once we learn how to use it!! Just wanted to say thanks to all who made the weekend retreat such fun - Cindy B thanks for sharing your bed with this complete stranger and also for putting the event together. Karen thanks for the ride to and from and also the little jaunts around to shops etc. your a great driver and Faith (what a navigator?). Thanks to all who brought gifts and especially Wine Woman for the lovely generous wine tasting (and more!) The food was Maaaaaaarvelous and the weekend totally great fun. I hope my schedule permits another outing with you Wild & Crazy Quilt Chix.

Scotlass (aka. Penny)
Old 11-06-2011, 05:23 PM

Is anyone else getting updates since the changes? I haven't gotten even one! I've had to search and it is taking way too much time! I'd rather sew!

CindyB, it might be a bit before those pics of my quilts are posted! Got to figure out what I'm doing here first!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:22 PM

Karen, i'm not sure what you mean by updates but when I go to the settings tab at the top of the home page and click on it the list of topics i'm suscribed to will appear. If someone has posted a new post it will tell me so I can check it out. Other than that, I really have tried out to much of anything else. I thought about trying to post a picture but with all the trouble everyone else is having, it kinda scares me.
As for pictures there is a sticky on the home page of main topics that tells you how to upload your photos. Good luck.

Sorry, actually I think it is in the picture pages.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:58 PM

The Oregon- WA. FAll retreat sounded like it was loads of fun! Would lOVE to join in on QUILT retreat next SPING. I have never been on a retreat, but think it would be a great way to get to know other quilters and friends. Someone mentioned a JANUARY get together in the threead. Deffiently interested, all depends on the weather, sxince we keep hearing THE "S" word for this winter.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:04 AM

Karen,No I am not getting notified of post to things either and I sure don't know how to fix it.Maybe I will figure it out but if not I guess I will just check in on this thread to see what is going on.I am not a happy camper with the changes,if it ain't broke don't fix it is my motto.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:01 AM

OK Ladies-
For our Spring Fling.....
Can we get there in 7 cars?
We would have to plan the car pooling. The house is on the beach so it would be worth it!

Whatcha think???