Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you going to do today????? >

What are you going to do today?????

What are you going to do today?????

Old 09-20-2011, 10:36 AM

Made sourdough bread this morning and then cleaned the kitchen. Went to the sewing room and worked on quilting my English flower garden quilt. Yuck! Not going well. Thought about the layout of a D9P that I put together a couple of days ago. Now having a piece of bread with strawberry jam! That's been my day.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:48 AM

ironing paper my daughter let me have from her move. It's about the size of newsprint paper and I'm ironing it to save for sketching and for the grandkids to use.

I hate ironing, generally, but I just need to flatten this enough to fold to store.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:10 AM

Day almost done here......DH took me to Joanns for a few small things and we went and seen a movie! I will be sewing a bag together tonight!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Dix

Today is like any other, I do anything I want to. Quilted at church all morning, lunch with dh at our favorite little place, play on the computer and look at this site. Then maybe a short nap and dinner every Tues. with friends at our Fried Onion Hamburger place about 20 miles away. Life is busy and fun
Old 09-20-2011, 11:33 AM

wanted to cut fabric for scrappy back of scrappy front...but as luck would have my back and knees started up again....will see what's doing on the morrow
Old 09-20-2011, 12:37 PM

I am getting started on the 30 luggage tags I am making for Christmas tags. Went this morning to JoAnn's and got my peltex, plastic and grommets. I've cut out the material and peltex for 15 and 4.5 are pressed and ready for sewing. Needed to sit for a bit so here I am!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:14 PM

I taught 135 6th graders all day, came home, took care of the 5 dogs, ironed photos on hand-dyed shirts for this weekend's 50th birthday party that I'm throwing and then outlined the photos with that slick paint that never feels quite dry, even when it is. Now I get a break to get on here!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:27 PM

Exercise class, house cleaning, a bit of weeding in the flower beds and a trip to the salon. And, yes before anyone asks, this is my natural hair color. I paid for it so naturally, it's mine. :)
Old 09-20-2011, 01:28 PM

Had planned on a day of cutting and sewing. Was just started and DH called and said he'd be late because the company was sending him on a long run...he'd be back around four. [He is retired, but works a half day at his former company. Today they needed to send him on a run.] Yippee. Won't need to rush. Then the phone rang again....it was the exterminator saying that he'd be here for his annual inspection around 2 or 3. Well -- that is the day I usually clean out the bathroom closet so he can get to the door behind the bathtub, plus I usually do the same to the kitchen cabinet under the sink. So I put away the project and got to cleaning. I had just gotten back to the machine when he knocked. After he left I had to replace things in the closet and the cabinet. I purged as I put back, so now I have a small load for Goodwill.

I'm making a block called Cookies and Cream and I'm not happy with the corners. My blocks are not coming out nicely. I will be cutting off points to seam them together. I tried moving the needle a scant distance to the right, but the corners still leave little for a seam. This is probably a problem for another thread, but I was thinking that perhaps someone could help. I haven't tried the snowball yet (I usually succeed with those, but it's the square in a square that is giving me the dickens. Any ideas?

Edit: Another question -- tell me about a GOOD marking pen or pencil to use on dark fabric. I have several white and silver
markers. I like the little chalk marker with the tiny wheel at the "point" but it doesn't mark close enough to the ruler for me.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:45 PM

after being on here going to trace some more redwork blocks on the window before the sun goes down only 16 more squares to go in this set. then i can do the redwork tonight while the new season starts on tv tonight for ncis at 7pm.