Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you going to do today????? >

What are you going to do today?????

What are you going to do today?????

Old 09-20-2011, 07:46 PM

We are in the process of some remodeling, due to a tree falling on the roof of an addition to our house. So, the electrician was here on Monday to add outlets and switches to a room that will become my new sewing room. Yah, going from a portion of a 10x12 room I shared with the computer, to having a 12x20, just for sewing. Anyway, we had decided to sheet rock the-new to me, sewing room, but the electrician needed to check the wiring in the office,used to be sewing room, and said that it would be a lot easier, if we tore off the not so nice paneling, so he could get to the wiring easier, so that was my morning's job. I have a blister on a finger from pulling nails out. But, the wiring is all done, and safe now. The reason we took his suggestion, was because when he was doing the rewiring in the bigger room, he pointed out so many fire hazards that were part of the old wiring, that we just knew that for safety's sake, we had to bring the wiring up to code in the smaller room, and so glad we did. I will sleep better at night now.
Sorry to have rattled on for so long, but that was my day. Oh, I also snuck[is there such a word?] in a few minutes to get some more blades sewn for a Dresden fan quilt. Just can't go one day without my quilting fix. LOL
Old 09-20-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by lynn_z
Already did it....got the final results from my Dr...still cancer free so am good for another year! Have quit worrying who's going to finish all my quilts and am starting a new one! It's a good day!
What a great day for you. I don't have any medical issues, but think about my UFO's and wonder that all the time. Again, so glad to hear your good news.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:27 PM

Try to get some more done on my son's quilt
Old 09-20-2011, 10:44 PM

Today is my day... just relaxing reading the board...been in ebay and bought some #5 perle crotchet cotton for my Candlewicking,then dinner and bed to watch Television.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:49 PM

After early morning yard work, I cleaned and fixed my vintage Singer 9W. It make a beautiful stitch. I'm now reading different blogs and QB.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:36 AM

I'm surfing the quilt board all day today. Then I'm going home to bed.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:01 AM

Dentist for me - just a cleaning though. And grocery shopping on the way home. Fun fun fun.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by lynn_z
Already did it....got the final results from my Dr...still cancer free so am good for another year! Have quit worrying who's going to finish all my quilts and am starting a new one! It's a good day!

woohoo! A reason to celebrate with a new quilt top!! I know the feeling of that once a year exam, and the words "See you next year." It's a true blessing.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
Sounds like you have a full day. I'll be packing for West Virginia. Leave at dark 30 in the morning.
Where are you in West Virginia!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by weasier22
Well, today is the 20th and I'm going to celebrate my birthday! I'm on vacation and it's started off with a bang...my husband is in the hospital since last night. He had a mild heart attack. But he's okay...they'll be doing test today to find out more.
Thank God for my two children...they are my strength!

So today I'll spend the morning with my daughter and see my son later today. Will go to the hospital to be with my husband.

Enjoy your day today as each day is a special gift!
Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!!!