Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon >

JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon

JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon

Old 05-16-2014, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I have not ordered any batting on-line with Joann's - but the last e-mail I received showing the shipping of $1.99 special said it may not apply if the item is too large or heavy. They usually have free shipping over $50.00, I believe. But if they are putting a weight restriction on these things, I believe there should be something that states "Shipping of this item is ...." I really do not want to wait until I am checking out that the shipping is more than I care to pay. Not sure how that would apply to a full roll/bolt of batting. That is a large item. I have been thinking about ordering it since the last time I went in to buy it the sales person told me there wasn't any in the back - but it just so happened I had to go again the next day and there it was. Oh wow, it was a miracle because I was there on Saturday afternoon and no batting but it was there on Sunday morning. The same person was working as I walked up to the cutting table to get the slip on it, she had someone else wait on me. She should have just said it must not have been unpacked the day before because she couldn't find it. Any way, that made me think I should just buy it on-line, but now not sure.
I ordered a roll of the batting not too long ago, and it was free ship. No additional fees.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:29 AM

Why are so many people bashing Joann's. There is always plenty of things NOT on sale such as rulers, thread, quilting notions, general notions, some yarn, many craft items etc! Joann's will OFTEN have % off your total purchase that includes sale items. I just bougfht fabric on sale a Joanns and used 20% off on senior day and saved an additional $10 for a total savings of $38 on a final bill of $44. I was HAPPY!!! Joanns will accept other stores coupons as long as that store carries the item coupon is being used for and they will accept as many coupons as you have aslong as the numbers are different. (if cashier does not accept the coupons then call the manager since this is their policy). Hobby lobby on the other hand only accepts THIER coupoons and the only ONE per day. Micheals will accept other stores coupons but usually give me a hassle and then has to ring them on seperate transactions.

If you have joann's coupons that you are not going to use then send them to me- I am sure I can find something to use them on!!!!!
Old 05-18-2014, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by frannella View Post
but they devalue some (40%-->30%, etc)
Hobby Lobby and Micheals do not "devalue " competitors coupons!!!!!
Old 05-18-2014, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
You can't at our stores... JoAnn's will take theirs, but HL and Michael won't take anybody else's.
You need to talk to the manager of your local Micheals. Micheals WILL take other stores coupons as long as it is used on an item both stores carry. HL will only take theri own coupons!!!!!
Old 05-18-2014, 05:47 AM

joanns does not set the price on sewing patterns. The price is printed on the envelope. The prices have been very high for the past several years- $15+ for one pattern! However very often joanns and Hl will have a specific pattern manufacture on sale for $.99 or $1.99. That is the time to BUY!!!!!! We all must be "frugal" shoppers in this day and age!
Old 05-18-2014, 06:22 AM

Since I seems to be on a rant this morning- IMHO the price of rulers is what is ridiculous- $30 fpr a piece of marked plastic! I know that you can get them on sale/coupon but they are still too pricy!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
Why are so many people bashing Joann's.
Because, obviously, your experience with Joann's is in the minority. I HAVE talked with the manager at my local Joann's and all I get is "it's corporate policy" and they can't do a thing about it. Sounds like your local Joann's might be a very rare customer-service-oriented store.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Because, obviously, your experience with Joann's is in the minority. I HAVE talked with the manager at my local Joann's and all I get is "it's corporate policy" and they can't do a thing about it. Sounds like your local Joann's might be a very rare customer-service-oriented store.
Actually my Joann's store is in Hudson, Oh which is right beside the Corperate Headquarters. In fact most of the Joann's in my area and there are about 6 are very pleasant but not all know how to ring up all the coupons that I take in. You have to be patient with them so you can save $$$$$. I do not expect all employess of Joans to know about everything even the workers in the fabric dept. If I need help I will ask if anyone is a quilter even customers or of course I can always ask the great ladies on this board. I have had bad experience in many stores but that does not keep me from going back to get what I need at as reasonable price.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:52 AM

Well, to each her own. I don't think it should be my responsibility to educate the employees of a store as to what that store's policy is, and I shouldn't have to argue with a manager to get the best deals I can. Since I have plenty of other options in my region, I simply choose to make my shopping experience a much more pleasant one and shop elsewhere.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by bigsister63 View Post
Actually my Joann's store is in Hudson, Oh which is right beside the Corperate Headquarters. In fact most of the Joann's in my area and there are about 6 are very pleasant but not all know how to ring up all the coupons that I take in. You have to be patient with them so you can save $$$$$. I do not expect all employess of Joans to know about everything even the workers in the fabric dept. If I need help I will ask if anyone is a quilter even customers or of course I can always ask the great ladies on this board. I have had bad experience in many stores but that does not keep me from going back to get what I need at as reasonable price.
I shop at the Hudson store (not very much anymore). I have NEVER been able to use more that one coupon on one any purchase, that is if I can find something to even use it on. I have argued with the manager several times. They told me, I have to ring up each coupon purchase separately...meaning stand in line for each purchase. And the goofy guy with the ratty ponytail...is a jerk. I agree, it is not my job to instruct the employees. I used to work in a well- know fabric shop (years ago). EVERY employee had to know how to sew and know another craft. And had to sew a garment and do a craft item to be interviewed to interview for employment...including management. And at any time you could be asked to sew up a sample. This particular store has gone so down-hill over the last 5 or 6 years. Mostly junky home-dec and garden stuff (lawn flags, wind chimes) for every fabric row of fabric there are 6 rows of craft (not even quality craft items) and junk. And this store is filthy dirty. I am glad you find items in this store...me? very little to make it with my while to drive the 3 miles from Twinsburg.