Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon >

JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon

JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon

Old 05-14-2014, 09:24 AM

I have not ordered any batting on-line with Joann's - but the last e-mail I received showing the shipping of $1.99 special said it may not apply if the item is too large or heavy. They usually have free shipping over $50.00, I believe. But if they are putting a weight restriction on these things, I believe there should be something that states "Shipping of this item is ...." I really do not want to wait until I am checking out that the shipping is more than I care to pay. Not sure how that would apply to a full roll/bolt of batting. That is a large item. I have been thinking about ordering it since the last time I went in to buy it the sales person told me there wasn't any in the back - but it just so happened I had to go again the next day and there it was. Oh wow, it was a miracle because I was there on Saturday afternoon and no batting but it was there on Sunday morning. The same person was working as I walked up to the cutting table to get the slip on it, she had someone else wait on me. She should have just said it must not have been unpacked the day before because she couldn't find it. Any way, that made me think I should just buy it on-line, but now not sure.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 05-14-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:39 AM

Default Beverly's also honors competitors' coupons

Originally Posted by Opal Jane View Post
Hmmm....I didn't know you could use the coupon at Hobby Lobby or Michael's...
but they devalue some (40%-->30%, etc)
Old 05-14-2014, 02:50 PM

Use it online at JoAnn.com there should be a number on the coupon for online use (not the coupon number)
Old 05-14-2014, 04:04 PM

Today was Senior Day at my local Joann's. I went to do some serious shopping but all the fabrics I saw was made in China which I will not buy. I wanted to buy a bolt of the RocLon muslin which I have always bought but lo and behold it was made in China. I also wanted some Quilters basting pins only to find all their notions (Dritz) are now being made in Malaysia. I had a lot of coupons, some which I printed online, wasted my paper, couldn't use any of them.

So much for shopping at JoAnn's, won't go there again.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:09 PM

I had two 40's and couldn't use them. It never used to be that way. Sue
Old 05-15-2014, 08:45 AM

I find most of their clerks to be rude and fairly ignorant when it comes to fabric or sewing in general. The store is usually only half stocked. Lines are always long and slow. The entire place needs a good cleaning. Rarely do they have anything I can't live without. The fabric selection is pretty awful. I go for thread if its on sale. Coupons are worthless. Fortunately, I am near many great quilt shops, Hobby Lobby, and own a computer!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:17 AM

It always irritates me when this happens! The first time, I was so excited because I had a bucket load of coupons and then get to the store and WHAT-THE-???? Everything I would consider purchasing was on sale (at a smaller discount than the coupon offered, I might add), which to me reduced my bucket load of coupons to birdcage fodder! Now coupons don't excite me anymore...
Old 05-15-2014, 07:18 PM

I was there yesterday and Kona was on sale for 5.59 so I bought a whole bolt of white and 5 yards of blue and got an additional 20% off for Seniors day. I didn't bother taking any coupons because I knew I wouldn't be able to use them. Last time I went, I had a 50% coupon and I wanted the Fiskars Hexagon cutter for a GFG quilt and of course, they were on sale for 40% off. I gave my coupon to another lady in the store and she couldn't use it either, so she gave it away.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:13 PM

Last time I got one of the 60% off coupons I had them cut about 7 yards of backing fabric because I didn't think it was on sale. When they rung it up, it was 20% off and I couldn't use my coupon. There is rarely anything in the store that you can buy with that coupon. I've used it for a candy bar a few times, just to use it.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:01 AM

I went to my JoAnn's yesterday and they don't even sell Kona Cotton anymore!