Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon >

JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon

JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon

Old 05-13-2014, 12:02 PM

Joann's is known for offering big discounts like that BUT the items can't be on sale. Just Try and find something not on sale. Almost impossible. everything seems to be at least 10% off. Think we all need to write and complain
Old 05-13-2014, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by jbj137 View Post

JoAnn's will no longer sell at regular so you can use coupon (tried it last week),
BUT Hobby Lobby still does it.

I was in my Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago buying Kona cotton, which is usually 35% off and wanted to use my 40% coupon. When I asked, the clerk said they had been told they couldn't do it anymore. So be prepared, because it's probably a corporate change.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:42 PM

I got one of those 60% coupons they didn't have anything I wanted on sale, 10 yards of red (which I will use) reg price $4.99 after the coupon was $1.99 a yard, I saved $30.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:53 PM

This is always the problem with Joanns sales...........................
Old 05-13-2014, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Opal Jane View Post
I was lucky enough to get a 60% off coupon. The only problem is.....it seems like everything is on sale, which means I can't use the coupon. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on what items I can apply the coupon to?
Thanks,
Opal Jane,
I love your name! I named a 1914 Singer 115 treadle "Opal Violet". I'd been watching "Keeping Up Appearances" on PBS, one of the characters is named Violet; her sisters are Hyacinth and Daisy, can't recall the other one's name.

It seems to me that's what Joann's does. Everything I want to buy is on sale. I feel your frustration! I got a 40% off coupon.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
Opal Jane,
I love your name! I named a 1914 Singer 115 treadle "Opal Violet". I'd been watching "Keeping Up Appearances" on PBS, one of the characters is named Violet; her sisters are Hyacinth and Daisy, can't recall the other one's name.

It seems to me that's what Joann's does. Everything I want to buy is on sale. I feel your frustration! I got a 40% off coupon.
Don't faint - Batting is not on sale! Now is the time to stock up on WN by the yard. ))
Old 05-14-2014, 03:25 AM

When you order online you are only allowed to use one coupon (as far as I can find) and I try to see if shipping or

the % off is worth more.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
To be honest, I have my doubts that it will work. 2 years ago, while visiting my MIL in Sacramento, I discovered that she is friends with the regional manager of Joann's corporate. When she found out I am a quilter, she asked if I shopped at Joann's a lot. I told her no, and explained why. I also told her that none of my quilty friends shop there for the same reason. I had hoped since she was mid-to-upper management that my comments would work their way up the chain, but nothing has changed.
I agree. Trying to communicate with Joann's is impossible. No responses to emails I have sent. I shop at Joann's for things that are on sale knowing that most times coupons are useless.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I have asked they charge the full price and then use the coupon. Not sure when that was, a few years ago - and at first they thought I was nuts, but did it. The problem is, these coupons come so often and they have so many "sales" I don't get excited unless I need something.
I asked that, too, with regard to magazines which were always " on sale" for 10% off - big deal. But ours wouldn't do it. I can uauslly find something that's not on sale. Often it's basting spray, machine needles or even yarn.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by jbj137 View Post

I rec'd the coupon for 60% last week.

JoAnn's will no longer sell at regular so you can use coupon (tried it last week),
BUT Hobby Lobby still does it.

Our Hobby Lobby doesn't take competitors coupons. I've never asked if I could have something at full price and then used the coupon, though.