Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon >

JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon

JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon

Old 05-13-2014, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by sassysews2 View Post
Hancock's honor JoAnne's coupons, also
Wish there was one of those nearer than 40 miles from me. I too very rarely am able to use the coupons....last time I was in the store...and it seems my trips there are getting farther apart....I noticed the floor plan is changing and lots more of other things are being brought in, and quilting stuff is less and less......
Old 05-13-2014, 03:47 AM

It's a ploy to get you in the store. I've had the same thing happen many times. Last trip I ended up getting a bridal shower gift, Gooseberry Patch cookbook with a coupon that was useless for sewing. Makes me really irritated that the coupon would saved me more than their currant sale on fabric etc..
Old 05-13-2014, 03:49 AM

On many items JoAnn's regular price is much higher than other places so the sale price really brings the price down to what is more reasonable. Even when you are able to use a coupon the price you're paying isn't that much different than other places regular prices. I'm not a big fan on JoAnn's but for some people it is the only option for a brick and mortar fabric shop within reasonable driving distance.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:20 AM

Our Hobby Lobby won't accept other store coupons, and it's the same at Hobby Lobby and Michaels - everything I want is already on sale.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:37 AM

Hancock Fabrics is the same way send out loads of coupons but everything is on sale so they are useless, because they exclude most costly items like irons, sewing machines, etc. Marketing ploy for sure.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:46 AM
dd

What's worse is when I do have things I can use the coupons on and the boy rings it up without the coupons. I told him and he said, well then I would have to rering everything. I just looked at him. Finally I said, then I guess you will have to rering everything. He rang up everything 3 times that day. I try not to go to him now.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:53 AM

That's what irks me about most stores. You can't use coupons on sale items. I've even asked if I could be charged the regular price so I could use my coupon (the price with coupon would be cheaper), I was told no. GRRRRRRR
Old 05-13-2014, 05:10 AM

My scratch off was only 40%. I went to JoAnn's to get a skirt pattern for the summer. Decided it would be cooler here in Texas to wear skirts than even shorts. The pattern was marked with a price of $15.95 and then it was 40% off of that. I was shocked at the price but since it had been so long since I had purchased a clothing pattern, I thought this must be the going rate. I went online when I got home to Simplicity to read how to fit the pattern correctly and was surprised to see the same pattern on their site listed for less than what JoAnn's sold it for after the 40%. And it was Simplicity's regular price. This proved what I have suspected for awhile that JoAnn's lists their merchandise quite a bit higher than other retailers and then discounts them. They need to make money to stay in business so it's not that I'm faulting them, but the coupons are just a marketing tool to get folks in their stores.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:13 AM
dd

Most of the time they won't let you use the coupons on patterns or magazines, the 2 things I would use them for.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Opal Jane View Post
Hmmm....I didn't know you could use the coupon at Hobby Lobby or Michael's...
You can't at our stores... JoAnn's will take theirs, but HL and Michael won't take anybody else's.