Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon >

JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon

JoAnn's 60% scratch off coupon

Old 05-12-2014, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I have asked they charge the full price and then use the coupon. Not sure when that was, a few years ago - and at first they thought I was nuts, but did it. The problem is, these coupons come so often and they have so many "sales" I don't get excited unless I need something.
I've asked several times if our Joann's would charge the full price so I could use the coupon, but was told flat out no. They were rather "short" about it, too. One time they told me that only Hobby Lobby would do that ... so guess where I went.

I like Hobby Lobby's fabric better anyway. Our Joann's seems to have two grades of cotton fabric: the thin, stiff, see-through fabric on the wall, and the better fabric that's out in the middle, but is always "on sale" so that the coupon can't be used on it.

I was so excited when Joann's opened here a couple of years ago, but got disenchanted with them rather quickly mostly because of the coupon issue. The coupons are great if what you're buying is at regular price. I just seem to always need what's on sale!

Last edited by moonrise; 05-12-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:01 AM
dd

I didn't even get a sale paper this time. And I'm in there all the time. They scan it regularly.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
I've asked several times if our Joann's would charge the full price so I could use the coupon, but was told flat out no. They were rather "short" about it, too.
This has been my experience at the Joann's in my town, too. So guess what. I simply don't step foot in the place. I agree with an earlier poster - seems like a bait-n-switch tactic.

I only wish we had a Hobby Lobby here. We have Craft Warehouse, which is actually a pretty decent hobby store. They carry good quality, name-brand quilting fabrics, and occasionally issue coupons that are a generous 40% off anything in the store, no restrictions. If what you want is on sale, they will gladly give you 40% off the regular price.

With a good quality, customer-service oriented store like this in town, who needs Joann's?
Old 05-12-2014, 10:25 AM

My scratch off only came to 40 percent off but I was able to use it. I make a lot of Linus Quilts and I purchase rolls of batting that are 48" by 10 yards. When I was in there last week they didn't have any. When I asked if they had some in the backroom they said they weren't going to carry that item anymore. I stopped on my way home that day and ordered a roll of batting that size from a private business that sells Bernina machines, fabric and quilting and sewing accessories. Today I just happened to find a roll of the 48" by ten yard batting and it was not on sale. They let me use the coupon. When the batting I ordered comes in I will be fixed for at least a couple of months. I get miffed by the coupon scan at Joanns. The only time I really benefit from their coupons is if I need something like thread or other notions that usually aren't on sale. That is about the only way I get to use the coupons.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

I used mine over the weekend on a king sized batting
Old 05-12-2014, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

A long time ago, JAF use to let you use coupons on sale price and charge full price then get the discount. But you have to know that this company was bought out by a hedge fund management company and they want to squeeze every penny that they can make out of JAF. Never have enough cashiers or cutters on a big sale day. We just have to stand in line like a herd of cattle.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:35 AM

Yes, Last summer the same 60% off, and everything was on sale....ugh!
Old 05-12-2014, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

What about batting, if it's not on sale now would be a good time to buy an entire bolt. Also a multi pack of rotary blades.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:05 PM

I rec'd the coupon for 60% last week.

JoAnn's will no longer sell at regular so you can use coupon (tried it last week),
BUT Hobby Lobby still does it.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

I usually find Js coupons useless to me, everything is always on sale so what good are they.

The only time I use the 50 or 60% off is when buying a bolt of W&N batting. I pay $200.00 instead of $400.00.

I rarely find another use for them.
peace