Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st >

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

Old 06-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

Ahhh I see lori has signed up. Glad to see ya Lori. Looks like a good group again. Susan what beautiful quilts. I made a lone star many years ago. It was one of my first quilts. I still have it. Actually I think my brother has it. Your parents look very sweet. The way you speak of them tells all.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:53 PM

Lori made the mistake of mentioning on her SP swap that she liked to make pincushions . . . a little nudge and here she is!

I am so disappointed, DS & I went on the Overlook hike and saw dozens of swallows flying in and out of their nests on the cliff but my camera died and I didn't get a pic. I guess I will just have to go back. The view was beautiful, the green went on for miles.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Power Poster

Wow! We have a good group for June, and waiting on more. Thanks everyone for your kind words on the pics. I sewed in my 20's making clothes, but did not quilt. That didn't come until after I retired. Lauriejo I have had my cameras in the past die on me at the worst of times. Off to look at the link given.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:16 PM

I normally carry emergency batteries for my camera if we are going to an event (like a wedding or reunion). Since this was a quick hike I didn't take my clip on camera bag. Oh well, easy to go back and good for me too.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:55 PM

Susan, your mom's quilts are beautiful. When I look at her, I think that she could pass for one of my mom's sisters. She looks like my Aunt Francis. Your Dad is a handsome man. Is he doing ok now?
Welcome Lori. I'm glad Lauriejo talked you into joining us. I enjoy this group a lot.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

Susan, beautiful quilts your made. you're so lucky to have a quilter in the family to hand nes down to you.
We'd all love that, to be given a cherished quilt. Hope your dad is doing better.
I'm working again on my heirloom quilt to be. the 3/4" hexes. I must be nuts. and now Zoey is sitting on this one trying to claim it forherself! She got the first one. Greedy little kitty, she is. she loves pretty things. seriously she does. if it's pretty, she takes it, (including my jewelry). so i bought her some. Her b day is in June too, so her birthstone is pearls. she has a pink and a white strand of real pearls. she loves them.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

Lauriejo I spent hours looking at that link you posted. lol... It was fun though.

Welcome Lori to this swap. It's nice to see more join in with us.

Karen thank you for the comments. Dad is doing good for all he has been through. His doctor said at some point, he has had a mild stroke. He has bruises where he has fallen in his bathroom. He is getting rehabilitation again so he can walk when he comes home in a couple of weeks. Where he is at, he can see some chickens they have there out his window into the courtyard. He loves chickens. Makes me think of our chicken swap we will have later. I might have to make dad one too, and sit it on his table.

Lynnie it's relaxing working on your heirloom isn't it? It must be fun too seeing your kitty taking part in it all. You could add that in with her adventures. lol..
Old 06-01-2014, 07:43 PM

Lovely quilts, Susan. And very, very sweet picture of your parents.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

ZOey can be a handful at times. she sits on it meows,like it's her's.
how's your dad doing?
How's your hexies coming along susan? it's fun and relaxing, but my
back and shoulders hurt, not to mention my holy fingers.
I've used about 200 fabrics, and am starting to run out. i'll need about 1000 for this one, and need to start searching other means of obtaining fabric.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:00 AM

Lynnie, maybe some of us have scraps or larger that we can send you for your quilt. Then you can think about us when you're making it and when it's finished. What kind of fabric are you using, i.e., color, prints, flowers? I'm sure I have something I can send you.