Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-02-2013, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr View Post
Tink's mom..started injections yesterday with the "Osteo Relief Institute"...5 weeks, one shot a week........
(should say injection with the HOLE people reading this post, they will be on their way to the institute to fill up on the shots..)
all kidding aside, I am hoping for some knee relief.......don't know if they have them throughout the country but worth a "look-into"
Thanks, Going to the knee Dr. today...have one knee replacement since spring...other knee is in question. Will probably be doing the injection today, since we have already talked about it. Otherwise I will be joining the girls in the hole for a "shot"...
Old 10-02-2013, 05:47 AM

Tomorrow morning I am off to the best quilt shop in Maine. It's not local, it is 3hrs one way. DD is going to trade her Janome in on the new one. Hopefully I can find lots of goodies for my SS and monthly SP.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Boy oh boy! Everyone keeps adding to their wish lists, and everything I read seems to cost more than $20. Someone who gets my gifts will be very disappointed. I give gifts from the heart, not the pocketbook, and will be happy with the same. My little DGD loved going to the Dollar Store and buying some piece of $ junk, then complaining when it broke before she ever got home. I told her if she saved that dollar from her trips to the store, she could have $10 to buy something nice that wouldn't break.
Most of the expensive stuff is probably just kidding and being silly.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:48 AM

Don't feel alone requilts......I haven't received my name either! Hoping to hear something soon! I already have a couple made items to put into the box....just need to know my 'name' so I can see what she likes....I love to give as much as to receive!

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
You guys are driving me crazy, crazy and crazy!!!!!!! I refuse to pout just because I haven't received my name yet! You know how the saying goes..."first the worst, second the same, last the best of all the game"? LOL! I'm going to assume I'm one of the "best" until someone tells me differently.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Stitch124 View Post
Don't feel alone requilts......I haven't received my name either! Hoping to hear something soon! I already have a couple made items to put into the box....just need to know my 'name' so I can see what she likes....I love to give as much as to receive!
Obviously you also are one of the "best"s????? LOL! I've made some fun things, but until I have an idea of colors, etc, I don't want to do too much so I can custom it to my SS!!!! I think that I'll put a flat rate box together so I know what size I'm working with for mailing purposes and won't worry about weight as much as size...
Old 10-02-2013, 06:08 AM

I hope, hope, hope I get my SSee name, today! Except for a few generic items, I'm waiting until I have a name, to buy or make anything.

To the person who gets my name - I'm very easy to please and don't need/want anything expensive. I love fabric and would especially love children's I Spy type or 'soft' Shabby Chic prints (planning on Shabby Chic scrappy-type quilt, in near future). Larger scraps are fine. I love homemade items - pincushions, needle cases, ornaments, whatever.

Please do not send anything for Phoebe (my avatar), as she's on a Rx diet and I do not let her have stuffed toys (she immediately shreds them). She has sturdy toys, already.

If you feel you need to spend more money, please consider a donation (however small) to the link below my siggy.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:09 AM

RWquilts and Stitch124, we all must be the best because we all are still waiting. Oh, I guess Ill just have to occupy myself with going to a quilt meeting. We are starting on a project called a twisted tree. Maybe my name will be here when i get home later. Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
RWquilts and Stitch124, we all must be the best because we all are still waiting. Oh, I guess Ill just have to occupy myself with going to a quilt meeting. We are starting on a project called a twisted tree. Maybe my name will be here when i get home later. Have a great day everyone.
Haven't yet received mine, either. Either we're the best . . . or she just doesn't know what to do with us.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 AM

rwquilts -- that is an excellent idea!!! I have one I was going to use for my tablerunner swap parter, but decided to change the box to one that has to be weighed. I don't think the tablerunner and a few goodies will cost as much as the nedium flat rate box which was $12.60. Whoever's name I get will get things that I would consider nice to have, but I really like making things.......looking forward to seeing who I get!

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Obviously you also are one of the "best"s????? LOL! I've made some fun things, but until I have an idea of colors, etc, I don't want to do too much so I can custom it to my SS!!!! I think that I'll put a flat rate box together so I know what size I'm working with for mailing purposes and won't worry about weight as much as size...
Old 10-02-2013, 06:19 AM

Grann of 6, I am sure we all were joking if we put some outrageous gift down. I know I was.