Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-02-2013, 06:20 AM

Excellent Idea on the flat rate box....I have one ready to go!

Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Obviously you also are one of the "best"s????? LOL! I've made some fun things, but until I have an idea of colors, etc, I don't want to do too much so I can custom it to my SS!!!! I think that I'll put a flat rate box together so I know what size I'm working with for mailing purposes and won't worry about weight as much as size...
Old 10-02-2013, 06:23 AM

I am sending in the flat rate boxes also. Most of the time I add homemade jams and jellies to my boxes so the weight can get up there and with the flat rate I dont have to worry about busting my budget.

For anyone looking, I was looking through Joannes sale items today online and they are having some amazing sale prices for scissors, books, patterns, and other goodies. I only made it through the first 10 pages and all of those items were under 9 bucks. I found a book on Biscuit quilts and a set of 60 quilt labels on their I would love to add to my list if it wasnt already out there in cyber world somewhere.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Boy oh boy! Everyone keeps adding to their wish lists, and everything I read seems to cost more than $20. Someone who gets my gifts will be very disappointed. I give gifts from the heart, not the pocketbook, and will be happy with the same. My little DGD loved going to the Dollar Store and buying some piece of $ junk, then complaining when it broke before she ever got home. I told her if she saved that dollar from her trips to the store, she could have $10 to buy something nice that wouldn't break.
I wouldn't be disappointed! I love surprizes and the fun is in the preparing & giving of the gift and I reckon the joy of receiving such a gift is knowing the giver had the same joy in preparing the gift.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Haven't yet received mine, either. Either we're the best . . . or she just doesn't know what to do with us.
Haven't got my name either and since my company has gone home, I'M READY! But I am patient, will take my place with those that are still waiting.
Just in case someone has my name, I would love to have a pincushion/mug rug/fabric strips, 21/2" wide.

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Haven't yet received mine, either. Either we're the best . . . or she just doesn't know what to do with us.
Oh trust me Neesie...we're definately the "best" of the bests! LOL! I say positive affirmations will win every time!

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Yep, make me something nice, or send me fabric to make my own something nice. Don't need any more books, no more templates, no more trinkets, don't eat chocolate or drink coffee, and eat very little in the line of sweets, so save the candy for someone else. Heidi asks for very little, but loves fluffy stuffed toys. She's not much for snacks either, since she is watching her lovely figure.
Heidi does love her babies, doesn't she? How is the racoon stuffed baby?
My lady likes the same as you...doesn't want anything not quilt related....and from her pictures...she makes pretty quilts.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Stitch124 View Post
Excellent Idea on the flat rate box....I have one ready to go!
Coooooooolllllllll!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:29 AM

I have my name and it is a new person that I have never swapped with so I am excited. To me, the greatest gift of all in this swap is getting to know another quilter and how they came to enjoy quilting. I am looking forward to putting little treasures together for my swap partner....she is quite far away from my neck of the woods.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
I am sending in the flat rate boxes also. Most of the time I add homemade jams and jellies to my boxes so the weight can get up there and with the flat rate I dont have to worry about busting my budget.

For anyone looking, I was looking through Joannes sale items today online and they are having some amazing sale prices for scissors, books, patterns, and other goodies. I only made it through the first 10 pages and all of those items were under 9 bucks. I found a book on Biscuit quilts and a set of 60 quilt labels on their I would love to add to my list if it wasnt already out there in cyber world somewhere.
Oh goodness! Just hearing about what you're sending is giving me some ideas and I also have been reading my latest Joann's sales flyer...I love to get bargains and see how much I can save! I can hardly wait!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
Haven't got my name either and since my company has gone home, I'M READY! But I am patient, will take my place with those that are still waiting.
Just in case someone has my name, I would love to have a pincushion/mug rug/fabric strips, 21/2" wide.
Sunrise, I love your good, better, best quote!