Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-02-2013, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
I am sending in the flat rate boxes also. Most of the time I add homemade jams and jellies to my boxes so the weight can get up there and with the flat rate I dont have to worry about busting my budget.
If you have a credit or debit card, sign up on USPS.com, and look at the Regional rates. Depending on how far you have to send, postage is much less than Flat Rate and you can put up to 20 lbs. in a box.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:28 AM

Even if it's the wrong answer, you should still win :-)

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Men!

Do I win?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:29 AM

I received my name and sadly she is not active on the board -- 5 posts in 8 months, and the last was to sign up for this swap. The same thing happened to me on another Board -- I drew a name who was not active. Makes getting excited about sending a tad difficult as I feel I'm sending to a ghost. But it is what it is.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:31 AM

OK grann of 6. I love gifts from the heart. It was actually one of the few things I wrote on my wish list. Hoping you get my name.

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
Boy oh boy! Everyone keeps adding to their wish lists, and everything I read seems to cost more than $20. Someone who gets my gifts will be very disappointed. I give gifts from the heart, not the pocketbook, and will be happy with the same. My little DGD loved going to the Dollar Store and buying some piece of $ junk, then complaining when it broke before she ever got home. I told her if she saved that dollar from her trips to the store, she could have $10 to buy something nice that wouldn't break.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:31 AM

I know how you feel, has happened to me before, but I alos have to say, some who don't post often may just surprise you.

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I received my name and sadly she is not active on the board -- 5 posts in 8 months, and the last was to sign up for this swap. The same thing happened to me on another Board -- I drew a name who was not active. Makes getting excited about sending a tad difficult as I feel I'm sending to a ghost. But it is what it is.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:32 AM

belfry~even if she doesn't post much, she may be a regular reader...lots of people do that...
Old 10-02-2013, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
belfry~even if she doesn't post much, she may be a regular reader...lots of people do that...
Yes! There are a few threads I stalk but never have posted to. But how to pull that person to into this thread to get hints?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
You obviously don't have my name.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:00 AM

I've decided to give a hint a day until I send my package. Here's my new hint: My SS did a wonderful job describing herself.

Since I didn't do a very good job myself, I will add some description here.

I love any of the earthy tones. Yellow is a favorite. Autumn is my favorite season to decorate for. I don't have much pink/purples/black/grays. Not that I don't like them, I can never find them on sale.

I can never have too many seam rippers, nipper sissors, or inexpensive cheater glasses (250s) I find at the discount stores. I have them all over the house at every sewing machine and ironing board and cutting table and in my truck. I buy bunches a year and somehow they just get up and walk off.

Out of my four dogs, one is a pit bull. Although any toy would be appreciated, it would not be long lived. They eat everything. I have a half a tire in my backyard.

I sew on vintage machines. The newest one I have is from the early 60s. It can zig zag. So needless to say, my quilts are simple "old school" straight sitched. Nothing fancy. I didn't even know you could add applique to a quilt before I joined this board.

I send homemade gifts and love to receive the same.

With that said, I hope this helps whoever gets my name. If you need more info, please pm me! (Anyone think that worked to find out who got my name? OK, climbing back into the hole).
Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 AM

I am one who is not active for posting....shy, maybe? But I DO love to read the posts of others. My passion is making bags. I also have made many quilts in a variety of patterns....amendment: I've made many quilt TOPS, then my quilting guru takes over! I've been collecting blues and creams in 1/4 and 1/2 yd pieces for awhile with plans to eventually make a blue and whitish quilt for me. I am a sucker for things made with love. The joys associated with paper piecing elude me so if my secret santa loves paper piecing, hints (secrets) for pp success would make a fabulous gift. Then maybe I could feel the love for pp. New gadgets that have been quilter-tested intrigue me, so passing along info about any is also a wonderful gift. They best things are not always the pricey ones!