Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-02-2013, 06:40 PM

BOOO HOOOOOO, I still havent received a name yet. I have however read lots of post and have some ideas for certain people if I were to get their name. So, off to bed I go. Hopefully I sleep better tonight than last night. I think all the ladies in this hole with me were too loud. LOL Nites ladies and maybe that name will be here in the morn.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Nessie, same here. Beginning to think we are so far in the hole that our names will never get here unless we start being good and climb a little more to the surface. Maybe, Maybe we have been tooooooo naughty.LOL
MWhahahaahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 10-02-2013, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
Ooooo, I like apple pie, so throw one in the hole too for me please! And don't forget the whipped cream!
and here I was thinkin you wanted it in SS package...ROFLMBO
Old 10-02-2013, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
<------likes pretty buttons!
No NO Terri~~~I like pretty painted buttons way more than you do !!!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:52 PM

WOO HOO!!! Got my name, too. I am going to the city Saturday where there is a Joanns and shop, shop, shop!! I am going to the same town tomorrow for my work comp doctor appt, but all they have is Wal-mart. My best friend had a quilt shop there, but she had to close her doors a year and a half ago. You would think with 2 state prisons in that town there would be more there, but theres not. Reno, NV is the closest big city & thats just over an hour away, 90 miles. What to make, what to make. I am also making some apple butter and apple jelly this weekend, too. Let the fun begin!! Thank you Terri for this swap and all the hard work you put into it for us.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:59 PM

Nurse Bonnie... I hope you get my name. I DO NOT have a fabric calculator and stink at math so bad that if the pattern doesnt tell me how much yardage is needed, I just dont bother to make whatever the pattern is.

On another note...I received my secret santa person.... shes going to be sooo easy to make a package for. So...tomorrow Im off to buy some groceries...and maybe a trip to Joanns.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:02 PM

Madbury what is your favorite shop in the area? I have been to Glad creations once and SR Harris once. I live south of the river so don't get up to them often I go mostly to Mill End. Welcome to the quiltingboard.

For the person who got me, I think I'm fairly easy. I like simple things not into much bling, my main machine is older than I am, I have been married for 32 years, you do the math. It goes forward and backwards but it is a work horse. I do embroidery by hand, I do paper piece but not often. I am very thrifty with my fabric, for some reason that twister tool is way too much waste. I do a lot of hand work but not much applique. The only tool I really want and haven't purchase is the perfect piecer by Jinny Beyer, none of the fabric stores near me carry it. I don't buy fabric just to have it so my stash is meager but my scrap pile is big, just can't throw away fabric if it is larger than 1/2 inch. I use things not quite the way they were intended, if I can make something multitask I will. I use the same program to design stained glass to design quilts, that way if I need to create something that needs to be PP I can print my own. (Just have to remember to reverse!!) Love to read books the paper kind and don't subscribe to any magazines, I only own one quilt magazine, I love my library. See I'm easy you can get me anything!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:05 PM

I would love handmade buttons!

Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
Roda would like BUTTONS....Oh I make buttons! I hope who ever I get will want buttons, or handmade. I'm painting buttons (clay) to match 30's fabric prints, so I can wrap up for who ever you are out there in cyber space-I can't wait to secretly get to know you!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:08 PM

someone is going to get pretty buttons from me but thy are not homemade...wait I do have some homemade( I didn`t make them)....might just add them to my package
Old 10-02-2013, 07:24 PM

I got my partners name, yipee! Looking forward to putting together a nice package for her