Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-20-2014, 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=roseirish48;6977405]your addy is no secret to me--known it for couple of years.
I was always told that "bad things come in threes". May be an old wives tale but have found some grains of truth in it. I hate thinking what might be next

I pretty much knew you were probably the one handing it out. No problem though. I think it is so sweet of people to send me something extra just for hosting a swap that I wanted to do. NO complaints here.

Speaking of which, I got another package today. Thanks Anoka Quilter, It is sitting with the rest on my desk.

Spent the evening doing some pre-Christmas window shopping. A couple of the stores in town are having a BOGO sale on Toys and Christmas items next week. I know I shouldnt be a part of the shopping at stores that are open on Thanksgiving Day and I normally dont. This year though I may just have to. My kids have been asking for a couple of years for trees for their room. They dont have much space for one in their and been having a time finding ones small enough that are good quality. They have them this year and with the sale I will be able to get trees for both rooms along with some ornaments for them for under $10.00 so I will most likely break my rule and head out after dinner that day and get my kids their trees. This is going to be the only way we can afford them with all that is going on. It is amazing some of the rules you have that you will break to just to give your kids something so small that they have asked for. Call it spoiling them but they are only small once and they all do try their best in school and such.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:10 PM

I am working on the next reindeer game as we speak. I will be posting it once finished this evening or in the morning.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:33 PM

Alrighty everyone here it is. The next Reindeer Game. As you can see its a Scramble game. What I need you to do is copy and paste the sheet to whatever program you have Windows, etc. Fill in the answers and then copy and past the page again with answers in a PM to me. Please do not post your answers on this thread. Only send answer through a PM and title it Scramble please. I will then keep a copy of all of your answers. The one with the most answers correct will win. In the event of a tie I will draw name from a hat. I hope everyone enjoys the game. All PM's with answers must be in to me by Saturday, November 30th by 6P.M. EST. I will announce the winner sometime Sunday once I have had a chance to go through all entries. If there are any questions just ask. Please remember to only send answers in a PM.

Enjoy.

[TABLE="width: 679"]
[TR]
[TD="align: right"]Name:[/TD]
[TD="class: name_line"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Christmas Movie Scramble
Please unscramble the words below
[TABLE="width: 679"]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]1.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]A ihmCtassr lroCa[/TD]
[TD="class: line"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]2.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]It's A Welnufodr feiL[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]3.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]Rplhuod the edR odsNe edRrneei[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]4.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]ehtWi aCmshrsit[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]5.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]iMlcaer on t3h4 rtteeS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]6.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]cSgoero[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]7.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]owH het chrGni elSto smshitaCr[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]8.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]heT upMspte shCrmista rlaCo[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]9.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]A iarhelC rwBno riashCmst[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]10.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]edBony Trooowrm[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]11.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]A haCitsrms Wshi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]12.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]lEf[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]13.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]oHem lAneo[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]14.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]kcJa otrsF[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]15.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]hTe miNreahtg eofreB rCsihtams[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]16.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]I'll Be meoH ofr tsrhCmasi[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]17.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]llA I tnWa orf sCthrisma[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]18.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]toyFrs the mSnnawo[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]19.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]Jgneil lAl eth aWy[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]20.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]ebsaB nI aydToln[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]21.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]rtseEn aSvse saiCtrhms[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]22.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]Dare atSan[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]23.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]aBd Santa[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]24.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]gnelA ni het ailFmy[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: number"]25.[/TD]
[TD="class: word"]I wSa yMmom insKigs tSaan aCusl[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Old 11-20-2014, 07:51 PM

Just did a count. As of now half of the ornaments mailed have made it to their new homes and are taunting their new owners. If I did the count correct in my head most of the others should be reaching their new homes within a week. That means everyone should be watching their mailboxes for them. Please dont forget to PM me when your packages arrive. Thanks to everyone that has PM'd me on your mailing and receiving so far. It is making keeping up with things so much easier. Also thanks to everyone that has made this swap so much fun for all of us. Those of you that have joined me in the hole we are now serving drinks and cocktails to help the time pass until opening.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:58 PM

I mailed my ornaments over a week ago but haven't seen any response from my recipients here saying they received a package. If they notified you, would you please let me know they were received? Thanks!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I mailed my ornaments over a week ago but haven't seen any response from my recipients here saying they received a package. If they notified you, would you please let me know they were received? Thanks!
I will most certainly do that for you. I have noticed on some of the ones I have gotten that no name is one them. Of course that is because that was requested so most of us dont know who the package came from until we open them. I just have the priviledge of having the list so I know who is sending to who. As of this point I have not received a PM from your partners that they received. Also keep in mind that mail is running a few days behind for some reason. My packages took almost a week and a half to get to some. I will let you know when they send me a PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:30 PM

I was just sitting here thinking. Look out this could go very wrong. There are all kinds of swaps on here. Pincushions, mug rugs, mini quilts, so and so on. I love this ornament swap and was trying to think of another Holiday that specific things are made for like the ornaments. Eggs for Easter popped in my head. Would any of you be interested in more swaps involving Holidays where specific things have to be made such as Ornaments, Eggs, Shamrocks, and such. I hope that makes sense. I was thinking about my bowls of ceramic eggs I put out for Easter and thought fabric Eggs would be great also. Just an idea. Let me know and give some suggestions for other specific items that are not already in swaps on here.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
I was just sitting here thinking. Look out this could go very wrong. There are all kinds of swaps on here. Pincushions, mug rugs, mini quilts, so and so on. I love this ornament swap and was trying to think of another Holiday that specific things are made for like the ornaments. Eggs for Easter popped in my head. Would any of you be interested in more swaps involving Holidays where specific things have to be made such as Ornaments, Eggs, Shamrocks, and such. I hope that makes sense. I was thinking about my bowls of ceramic eggs I put out for Easter and thought fabric Eggs would be great also. Just an idea. Let me know and give some suggestions for other specific items that are not already in swaps on here.
mdall this sounds like a fabulous idea! Small decor items, like bowl fillers, wall ornaments, or even refrigerator magnets! Now you've got ME thinking... (And that tends to be dangerous...)
Old 11-20-2014, 08:40 PM

Sure Michelle, I think that would be fun.. Maybe something for Valentines' Day too? Hey, have you tried, maybe online, to find 'on the wall' Christmas trees? They are neat, I've had one for years I got at Hobby Lobby.. They're neat for small areas.

J
Old 11-20-2014, 08:48 PM

I have received two "Ornament Elf" Packages, and another swap item. I have shipped three things: two for the Ornament Swap and one for the Fabric postcard Swap. ONE item is going WEST of me, ONE is going EAST, and ONE is going NORTH EAST. Now; which of the two are for this swap??