Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011 >

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

FUNKY Chicken Block Swap #2 - Sign-up deadline is March 31, 2011

Old 02-19-2011, 03:44 PM

Lynnie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,love those drum sticks.........sure will go right along with the bucket of Chicken............

What am I to do..............I know I'm not going to get everything...............so I quess I will just have to hunt down the maker of the chicken blocks I want and didn't get ..I'll have to plead with them to make me one...................or send me the pattern...........
Old 02-19-2011, 03:52 PM

I love the disco duck oops mean chicken. Ok what is EQ6
Old 02-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tinynedl
Here's a block I made today which I designed in EQ6 that I'm calling "Saturday Night Fever". Trouble is, there are something like 27 templates for it. I guess I need to find a way to simplify it, because I doubt if I have enough patience to make a whole set of these as they are. On the other hand, I'm having a lot of fun doing it!
Way to cool!
Shouldn't he be Saturday Night Live starring JT (John Travolta) :?: Too funny. I love his colors!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:55 PM

Hey Crafty3790, EQ is software that draws quilts and quilt blocks very easily and quickly, saving a quilter hours of work, and it allows you to color those quilts using images of actual fabrics so you can see what the real thing would look like. You can even photo your own fabrics and import them into EQ to see how they would look in certain blocks or borders of the quilt. It's really amazing software and lots of fun. You can check out their interesting website at http://www.electricquilt.com.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by catpawski
As to getting all small blocks when you do big ones.......that all comes down to Mariposa who will be doing all the sorting of blocks to be mailed back out. I'm sure she will sort the blocks fairly......
Mariposa... go over to the other side of the coop and don't look at this next stuff!

Yes, Mariposa has a HUGE job in front of her. And, I am pretty sure she can hardly wait to do the sorting. Some will send along little neat gifts like FQ, stationary, candy (I think she likes candy :shock:) , etc. as a thank you gift.

Note: it is not a requirement, just a nice way to say thank you to one Funky Hostess who will be having quite a job of sorting, repackaging, adding postage and all of the myriad of other stuff to consider in order to pull this whole swap and have Happy Hens in the end... I don't think there are any roosters in this swap, are there?????? :-D :-D :-D
Old 02-19-2011, 04:59 PM

My goodness! When you're gone for the day, you miss out on a lot of stuff going on!

I love the Saturday Night Fever chicken! LOL! (am humming the tune "Staying Alive" by the BeeGees!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:01 PM

I have an app for my iPad that will use my fabric but the blocks are ones already made i will have to check that out thanks.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

More cuties and more people!!! Yea!!!!

Good new guys....I finished my Dear Jane quilt today...so that means now I can concentrate on chickens!! The latest ones added are soo cute..you guys are doing a great job!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:09 PM

OH, that makes so much more sense. I understand so much better. Thanks so much. Also, when we speak 3x3 that does NOT include the seam allowance correct?
thanks so much.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
More cuties and more people!!! Yea!!!!

Good new guys....I finished my Dear Jane quilt today...so that means now I can concentrate on chickens!! The latest ones added are soo cute..you guys are doing a great job!
Congratulations Sandpat! That's a quilting milestone for sure, and now you have an amazing heirloom! Dear Jane is on my list of someday quilts to make, too.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-149059.jpe