Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more! >

♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

Old 08-31-2011, 12:34 PM

I've been working on scrap quilts since February. Kids size and lap size. Now, I'm down to running out of certain colors I need to finish a couple. Frustration....go to town and buy fabric in the right colors.... nope, too expensive. Think I'll head to Salvation Army and see what they have in the clothing section. :)

This has been a super way to get ready for Xmas....but has sure cause a bit of "grrrrrrrrrrrrr" to me when I can't find anymore of a certain fabric. LOL
Old 08-31-2011, 01:25 PM

Does anyone have any pictures of a well-organized sewing room? I don't know where to start!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Google Goddess

if you have a small room, like I do in the extra bedroom, I set up a 2 long tables and put a tablecloth on top and underneath is storage (love the storage space under the tables, you sure can hide lots of things)

also use the top of the tables to store more things in cute baskets etc.

Have fun organizing your sewing rooms!

Craftybear

Originally Posted by lovelyl
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
My problem is that as soon as I make something I give it away. I just can't wait till Christmas. Arghhhhh! Anyone else have that. Also it is not fabric taking over my room but vintage sewing machines. HA!
I have the same problem - fabric is fairly organized, but what do I do with all my vintage sewing machines??? I can't bear to hide them away, but my space is so small, I can't have them all out! Not enough table space! What to do, what to do....
I have, however, started my Christmas gifts. I am working on a lap quilt for my DMIL - the "Flash of Lightning" pattern. Sounds more dramatic than it is... :lol:
Old 08-31-2011, 03:00 PM

No--it's taken over my house!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:12 PM

sounds like a great Idea
Old 08-31-2011, 04:21 PM

Well, I was doing really well organizing and yesterday a dear old friend from back home brought a BIG tote of fabric from an estate. He said I could pick what I wanted. Remnants and yardage from stores long out of business. Don't know what I'd use any of it for. Looked at each piece. Made piles of possible matches. Removed the four yards of polka dotted double knit and the strange orange knit and the fake calico with more dye than fabric. None of the cottons are quilt shop quality. I have so many UFO projects and I'm getting a top ready for quilting and I'll bring your tote back tomorrow. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 08-31-2011, 04:55 PM

I've been using my stash for insulation this summer and the past winter. Now you want me to make something out of it??
Old 08-31-2011, 05:40 PM

I won't need any fabric for the rest of my life. I haven't bought much in a long time excepts a couple of pieces at Goodwill. I really piled it on for a while. I ordered about 25 kits off Ebay. I am so overstocked that my DILs shop in my stash. Mine is still small compared to some I have seen on here though.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by luvspaper
I just bought 100 comic book sized cardboard stabilizers....have used about 1/2 so far and I am working on washing those fabrics that I know have not been washed. That way if they are on a board, I know they have been washed and are ready to go.
Where did you order your cardboard stabilizers from?
Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 PM

I didn't get last Christmas finished - and no holidays since. Slowly getting UFO's completed and satisfied with this SLOW progress. It is as it is (in my little world). I enjoy seeing everyone's completed projects.