Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more! >

♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:52 AM

Ediedarlene, I want to see a Christmas log cabin quilt. I love both . Got any pics?
Old 09-01-2011, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddict
My stash is taking over my whole house. I could make thousands of quilts just shopping in my own stash. REALLY. Does that mean that I won't be buying more fabric? Not a chance.

thank you for helping to keep our economy going...lol.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:50 AM

Anyone have any ideas on how to store rulers and still have easy access to them? I have several different sizes, shapes and have tried a folder rack from an office supply store, but the small and odd shaped ones just fall through if I move the rack. No room on wall for pegboard. Any ideas?
Old 09-01-2011, 05:21 AM

My daughter is moving into her apartment today..........starting tomorrow, my son will move into her old room, then I will take his old room for my sewing room. The fun is about to begin! All my stash from my mom will come out. Yea! Then combined with my own. Can't wait to get it done to take pics and show you all.......I plan to put my frame in front of a bay window looking out into my front yard, my sewing table in front of another window overlooking where my son likes to play outside, bring in my shelves to house my stash, keeping my bolts in the closet. DH is going to make me a cutting/ironing table for the middle of the room. The south wall will be for a design wall..........I have plans! Hope it all works out.......
Old 09-01-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by quilting in my60s
Beat you to it! I just reorganized by fabric and have plans to use of some (note I said some) for Christmas presents.
Good luck to everyone in getting your fabric organized!!
Hey that's a great idea! (head slap) Why didn't I think of that. :thumbup:
Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl
Anyone have any ideas on how to store rulers and still have easy access to them? I have several different sizes, shapes and have tried a folder rack from an office supply store, but the small and odd shaped ones just fall through if I move the rack. No room on wall for pegboard. Any ideas?
I use a wooden rack for the smaller rulers.
(Mike's Ruler Rack 8 x 14 at http://www.cottonpatchfabrics.com)

I also bought some of the removable tabs and places them on the side of a dresser I use for the smaller rulers with holes.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by writerwomen
My stash grows as my husband barters and haggles. He came home with a large rubbermade tub full of all new fabric and another over flowing with jeans for scrap totaling 5 dollars. Don't see any end in sight with him
Lucky you to have a hubby that supports your hobby. Or is he an enabler????
Old 09-01-2011, 02:22 PM

My daughter helped me organize this past weekend. The fabric is all folded and on a shelving unit. The tubs are ALL empty. It's a wonderful feeling walking the the shelves and seeing it all lined up by color and ready to go. Hmmm. thinking of more projects ....
Old 09-01-2011, 10:40 PM

sounds like a winner
Old 09-02-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
Oh I seriously need in on this! I have been in a buying frenzy the last 3 or 4 months! I got to stop!!!!!!! This should do it! I am making trivets for Christmas! I hope everyone likes them!
Deedum, are you using any particular pattern for your trivets? They look really nice!